Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A/C mini duct? for an older house

I have a 38-year old colonial (3,300 sq. ft.) that's currently heated by a natural gas-fired Weil McLain boiler that feeds hot water baseboards. Although the boiler works fine, I've been advised that a condenser boiler would be far more efficient and might be able to provide hot water as well. Along with that possible swap, I'm thinking of adding central air, but would prefer not to go through the mess of adding full-size ducting. In the alternative, I'm considering a mini duct system, which really has nothing to do with the hot water heating system. That aside, however, I'm wondering if there's a comprehensive heating and cooling system that would provide the efficiency I'm looking for on the heating side and offer cooling as well. Or, am I assuming correctly that I need to swap the heating system and add a separate cooling system. Thanks for suggestions on this.
danFromNJ

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    chk out unico

Russell check out unico systems .They are very low impact on older homes i have just completed one on a modern stlye home that waould have been impossible without a total reneovation used mostly there side wall outlets .You can order a hot water coil also a little pricey compared to a standard systems but they do work wonderfully .peace clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.