Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus steel panel radiators

you design them for is wahat they will work at...I have them in my own place....

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=323&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• P. Hughes
    P. Hughes Member Posts: 6
    Buderus steel panel radiators

I'am installing a new hydronic heating system using Buderus panel radiators. Are these panels appropriate to enlarge panel size in order to heat with low temperature water (140 degree). Or, do these panels function better at higher water temperatures (180).
  • I designed mine around 140 degrees F

Dianorm has a spreadsheet that allows you to adjust the water temperature to as low as 120 degrees F.

Dianorma and Buderus panel rads are exactly the same.

It results in larger and more radiators to deliver the goods, but is good for your condensing appliance.

ME
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,406
    Absolutlely!!!!

We've even been using more hi-output baseboard than ever to take advantage of lower temps. As long as your design numbers are true and you compensate for the difference in size, they will work great. We've used several different panel rad brands over the years, and I believe Buderus to be the highest quality for the dollar. Will you be doing constant circ with TRVs as well? Best use of them. Keep us posted. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • P. Hughes
    P. Hughes Member Posts: 6
    Buderus panel radiators-Pex/Boiler

With my new Buderus panel install(140 degree supply temp), I would like to pipe with a home run system-supply/return manifold,pex tubing, and constant circulation. I would greatly appreciate any boiler,control, and pex tubing recomendations. Also, with a low temperature system and steel panels, do I have to be concerned with initial oxygen removal from the system?
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Mine

My entire house has Buderus and DiaNorm panels, home run set up using a Caleffi radiant manifold, a Buderus pump station and this is all power by a GB142/24. All of the panels have TRV's. I use Viega and Wirsbo pex because that what I had from left over etc. I use the indoor sensor that the GB came with.

I also have one Runtal towel rad with an oventrop thermostatic valve and one loop of climate panels on the same temp water. I just use the radiant manifold to turn down the flow rate so the bathroom tile floor doesn't get hot.

All of the panels are connected directly with pex fittings. I know some guys here like to stub down with copper and then switch to pex, but I've had great success use just pex.

I also use an LT300 to heat the domestic water. Its set to 140 and I mix down the water. We have plenty of hot water and the indirect down an awesome job of storing the water.

The whole house is comfortable except for the rooms that I haven't put radiators in yet and the living room. The living room has huge draft issues. I'll remedy these issues soon.

Massachusetts

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Aaron Gibson
    Aaron Gibson Member Posts: 15
    Biasi

I've been using Biasi panel radiators in low temp systems with great results.
This discussion has been closed.