Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hiring a Mechanic -or- How Not to Get the Job (JohnNY)

Options
2»

Comments

• larry_15
    larry_15 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Moving on

I know I treat the company good. I own all tools. From my own screw guns to my rigde 300 welding machine miller AC/DC Nt 225 generator a miller 300 AC inverter pipe stands rigde 141 for 2-1/2 to 4" pipe truck wrenches form 8" to 48" pipe wrenches test equipment, vaccum pump so on and so forth. I have 2 letter of recomendation out of 3 companies I have worked for and 16 years out 20 for an education.

But I still find it hard to get a good company to hire me when I am looking for a job. But every company will use everything I have to make money and not compensate me in any way. For example right now I have worked 12 hour on a 45,000 dollar bid on my own time and I can't even get paid 4 hours for it. sure I will get to do the work but if that is the case I should do the biding and work for myself. I am not saying all employer are this way but I think it is not always the way all of you seem to make out either.

As I was once told there are three sides to the story. Your side, his side, and then the truth.

larry
  • Tim P._2
    Tim P._2 Member Posts: 47
    Options
    ASHRA goes gansta! boyeeee

The link for the first video has been yanked due to a "copyright claim".

However, I did find this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1sqBI9aPtA

I just had to share that one.

Tim
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,049
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more Mike, but.........................

Its like banging you head against the wall. There is a mentality of guilt and and an irrational fear that they will lose all their customers and be called a crook. I see those with te vast majority of one man and smaller shops. Plenty of mid size shops too. I, for one, do what I can in my area to keep the standards high and wages up, but it is ALWAYS an uphill battle when our "peers" just don't get it. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.