Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mounting Ductless Outdoor Unit

Fujitsu Inveter units can be 70'. Mitsubishi Inverters can go long too. Fuji's are easier to install.

If you've got an attic space, it can go up there too, although you need to ensure adequate ventillation and overflow pan protection.

The Inverter heat pumps can operate up to 70% of their rated heat cap down to 17 F without any elec resistance back-up heat.

Comments

• Mark_92
    Mark_92 Member Posts: 4
    Mounting Ductless Outdoor Unit

I've been doing some research on ductless units and I'm seriously considering it. I don't want the outdoor units to be seen from the front of the hosue. but the only way to do that and keep the 30' maxium distance between the air handler and the outdoor unit is to mount the outdoor unit on the second floor of my balcony. Most people suggest mounting them on a concrete pad. Will mounting the outdoor unit on the balcony be a problem if I use vibration isolating rubber pads? Do you think I will be able to feel the vibration in the room next to the balcony?

Mark
  • don_156
    don_156 Member Posts: 87
    It will be fine.

I've install them on deck without transmitting any noise to the main part of the home.

Keep in mind most are front discharge so, make sure you give it enough distance away from the house so you dont get recirculation.

• Marty
    Marty Member Posts: 109

30 feet max ?who? might want to explore some other brands.
    As long as the airflow is ok around it and service access is possible it could go there.
  • Mark_92
    Mark_92 Member Posts: 4

> 30 feet max ?who? might want to explore some

> other brands. As long as the airflow is ok

> around it and service access is possible it could

> go there.

All brands that I've seen have maximum distance and height restrictions. Usually they range from 30ft - 50ft for the distance and about 20ft - 25ft for elevation change. I meant to put 50ft not 30ft. The fan will go perpendicular to the house at a corner and blow away from the home. So air circulation shouldn't be a problem. Besides it will keep the darn thing out of my backyard where no one will notice it.
This discussion has been closed.