Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


Only way I can relate to heat is to say I was in perfect comfort working in the deeply set back (53°) downstairs work area.

Saw this on "Home Again with Bob Villa" years ago when I was in a neck brace and could do little more than read and watch daytime TV.

Will be the top rail (just below the top cap) of my dining room wainscotting.

Just a bit of cleanup left and the center hole from the Forstner bit to fill. Inexpensive poplar. Will be painted.

My great-grandfather (German immigrant master carpenter) might just be proud even if I did get to cheat by using some power tools.

Anyone know what to call this? Can't find it in any of my books--old, new or reprints.


  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    The best I recall

    Is an old mine shaft here that was sold and cut up for fence post holes. It seems the left overs were in about the same fix as your very nice chair rail. I do not remember any name given for the unique use of a forster bit. It'd be nice to have someone detail your work a bit more for us owners of fence post holes to sell them a bit more prophet!
    Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.