Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Morning water hammer with new burnham boiler

Options
any pict. of your system. It would help. Are your pipes insulated? Did they repace or add main vents? did they flush out the system after the new boiler went in? kpc

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=323&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Nadeem
    Nadeem Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Morning water hammer with new burham

About 1 month ago, I had my old gas steam boiler replaced with an Burham IN5 boiler by my local gas company and am having problems with water hammer. Initially, there was water hammer when the system started, but I was told by the installers that this should go away as they had put a chemical/solution in the boiler and it would take a while for this to go through the entire system. About a week later, this was no longer a problem, but there was water hammer in the middle of the heating cycle (lasted about 5 minutes). I replaced a steam valve on one of the raditors that was leaking steam and this improved in that I would notice a knock or 2 in the basement pipes, but the water hammer would not make it up to the radiators (the temperature was mild during this time). About 4 days after this, I started getting a lot of water hammer (lasts about 15-20 minutes) in the morning (the temp is set to go to 65 at 11:00 PM and then back to 68 at 6:00 AM, but the heat starts up at around 5:40ish). The interesting thing is that this only happens in the morning time when the system goes on after being at 65 in the night. Throughout the day, there is a slight water hammer (one or two knocks) that does not make it up to the radiators. Also, I have noticed that when the heat is about to come on, there is a lot of air coming out through the radiators (about 10-15 minutes). Any help would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.