Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WM Gold Boiler ventor

Options
Help!!
I've got three Weil Wclain Gold Series boilers with ventor problems. They always cut out on low pressure when the gas valve cuts in. Pressure on one that works is 3.6" and these are running just barely 1.4" (where pressure differential switch is set) and then 1.3 when gas cuts in. We changed the ventorassembly, and still no go. We removed exhaust, and intakes, and still no go!. I can't visually see anything blocking the boiler itself. Any help?

Comments

• Josh M.
    Josh M. Member Posts: 360
    Options

Richard, I would bet $50.00 that your vents are clogged. Pull em off and see if there is soot. I am willing to bet that your installing contractor didn't adjust the gas pressure or do a combustion analysis if all three are doing the same thing. Email me if you need more help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Could also be...

the pressure differential diaphragm sensing the delta P. They make a different unit for high altitude operation. More diaphragm area to work with...

ME
  • Richard Bergen
    Richard Bergen Member Posts: 2
    Options

I don't think it is the pressure switch as the ventor only builds up 1.5"w.c , which then drops to 1.39" upon ignition. That drops out the gas valve! Also My tech has not been able to see any soot, so I don't feel it is the soot problem, however, it still could be. Any other options?
  • ken from nw ohio_3
    Options

I assume these are GV's . What series ? How old are they ?

ken
This discussion has been closed.