Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin + Tekmar 270

coreys
coreys Member Posts: 27
Project involves redesigning zoning and adding outdoor reset scheme.

This is a Munchkin 140M currently setup with a simple fixed output temperature.

I would like to use a Tekmar Boiler Control 270 to modulate the Munchkin.

Anyone know if this can be done? If so, would it require an upgrade to the 925 controller card?

A lot of Munchkin fans on this board, so sometimes even obscure questions like this one will find an expert...

Comments

• jerry scharf_3
    jerry scharf_3 Member Posts: 419
    upgrade to the munchkin

I believe you need a rev 4 version of the 925, and an external interface box (often referred to as a tekmar interface) from HTP to be able to get what you want.

jerry
  • Guy_6
    Guy_6 Member Posts: 450
    Munchkin

The Munchkin modulates all by itself, by monitoring the delta between supply and return water.
    If you are looking for outdoor re-set capability I would suggest going with the Munchkin Vision 1 program. It was designed for the Munchkin, and is simple to install.
    There is a Tekmar interface available for the Munchkin as well, as Tekmar is certainly in the forefront of that technology.
  • coreys

Thanks Guy.
    When I said "modulate", I suppose what I really mean is dynamically setting the output temperature (thus causing the boiler's brain to modulate the burner accordingly).

I believe that 'interface' bit you speak of is the missing link.
  • coreys

Thanks Jerry.

That's a lead I can use.
  • jerry scharf_3
    jerry scharf_3 Member Posts: 419
    more than just the box

CH,

reread my post. Older versions of the 925 software do not support the tekmar interface.

jerry
This discussion has been closed.