Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Setting Anticipator

Options
> I have a probloem that I have tried to fix by <BR>
> adjusting the anticpator. Unfortunatly I have my <BR>
> theromstat set at 60 degrees and the room heats <BR>
> up until 70 degrees, I have turned it down to 50 <BR>
> but it keeps heating. Do I need to replace the <BR>
> thermostat? <BR>
<BR>

Comments

• k.Macgibbon
    k.Macgibbon Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Anticipator/ Too much heat

I have a probloem that I have tried to fix by adjusting the anticpator. Unfortunatly I have my theromstat set at 60 degrees and the room heats up until 70 degrees, I have turned it down to 50 but it keeps heating. Do I need to replace the thermostat?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Anticipator

That is quite an overshoot... If you can measure the anticipation on the stst or at least lower your stats antic. setting a point or 2.
  • Paul Fredricks_2
    Paul Fredricks_2 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Sounds to me...

Like you have a different problem. Either the thermostat is bad or there is a stuck zone valve or flo check. I'd guess it's not the thermostat, but someone qualified should check the system out.
  • Dick Charland
    Dick Charland Member Posts: 178
    Options
    Not anticipator

It doesn't sound like you have an anticipator problem, not with that kind of overshoot. As far as the thermostat, if it is a mercury type, make sure the back plate is level and may need to be calibrated. Is the radiation always warm? If FHW could be bad flowcheck, zone valve etc leaking by. Sounds like you need a tech to look at.
  • k.Macgibbon
    k.Macgibbon Member Posts: 2
    Options

It is a mercury type thermostat that has been in use for about 8 years, never had this problem before, The radiators do appear to be warm most of the time.
  • Fred Harwood
    Fred Harwood Member Posts: 261
    Options
    Termostat

Probably not the thermostat. Check for stuck zone valve or stuck circulator relay.
This discussion has been closed.