Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Myriad of problems with single pipe steam heat

Options
I have alot problems with my residential home single pipe steam heating system. I have a oil fired burner and a brand new boiler but I have 1) very bad water hammer, 2) oily & dirty water (lots of it) coming from the steam vents of each radiator during the beginning part of the heating cycle and 3) the radiators at the ends of runs not heating or not heating enough by the end of the heating cycle.

I have shimmed the radiators properly, experimented with various steam vents, put a level on every pipe to make sure the pitch is correct. I've had some less-than-informed heating/plumbing guys come in and scratch their heads over my steam heat problems which they have not been able to solve. I need a flat out ace expert at single pipe steam heating residential problems to come in here and sort it all out. I'm in Waltham, just west of Boston, Mass. Can you recommend someone who it really knowledgeable and sharp in this field and does business in my locale? This is an advanced problem and I need an expert. Thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.