Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
I am looking for input on a homeowner seminar I am working on. I know many homeowners come to this site for help. I would be interested in feedback on what topics to discuss in a seminar, how long your attention span would be so it does not get drug out. Weather on not YOU would attend a seminar to learn about your homes mechanical systems.
I am also looking for input from industry manufactures to see what support might be available.
My list of topics so far covers some basic heating and plumbing issues. This list is very general. Each topic has many details that will be addressed.
1. Health and safety benefits of modern plumbing, heating and cooling.
2. Locating and tagging all main shut-off valves and checking operation.
3. Locating and tagging all electric disconnects and checking operation.
4. Leaking valve packing symptoms and solutions.
5. Types of valves.
6. Tub and shower faucet operation.
7. Sink faucet operation.
8. Basic toilet problems solutions.
9. Basic drain problems, pipe types and solutions.
10. Basic furnace operation.
11. Basic Boiler operation.
12. Energy efficient heating & cooling options on the market.
13. Why do we have codes and inspection.
14. Why to choose a professional to service
15. Periodic maintenance.
16. Water quality.
What do you think could be added/deleted.
Thank you for your help,
Joseph A. Landree