Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello Mectron M3 Oil burner

Options
Thanks Glen for your response.

No I don't have a manual. Went to find it on Internet but couldn't find it, just a replacment parts list. Plan to phone Riello (Mectron M3 burner). The pilot light comes on when asked for heat, but the pump and fan doesn't come on. No sound at all. With cover removed, I don't know where the screen would be to unclog. There is 2 tubes coming from pump. 1 very small one, and 1 larger one. I guess the small one is the bleed tube you are referring to. I will follow it to see where it goes.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Rodney Summers
    Rodney Summers Member Posts: 748
    Options
    Oil burner not starting

Oil tank ran out of oil. Added 10 Litres of Diesel fuel and furnace wouldn't start.

Found oil filter was clogged. Fixed it. Furnace still don't start.

Disconnected oil line from burner from line, and got a small stream of oil coming out. Reconnected, furnace still doesn't start.

Riello Mectron M3 Oil burner.

Can you help. On electric heat now. Do I need to prime? How can I do that? On the pump there seems to be be 4 connections. 1 with a slot for a flat screw driver.

Please help, colder weather is coming and electric heat can't keep up.

Thanks,
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    Options
    could be a few things -

if tank was run dry - then it is a good chance that crud has clogged the screen in the pump. Cover will need to be removed and the screen cleaned with clean kerosene or fuel oil. Air - also real good chance of air entrainment - bleed air from correct port - unless it is two pipe system then air will self bleed. Do not adjust screw with slotted head - this is your pressure setting screw and should not be touched unlesss you have all the gear to check operating pressures. Not all M3's were made with a readily indentifiable bleed port - do you have the manual? And of course - if your bewilderment continues - phone your local OBM.
  • Rodney Summers
    Rodney Summers Member Posts: 748
    Options
    Oil burner not starting

I phoned Riello. They told me to press the reset button on the back of the burner. I didn't realize it was a button, I thought it was just a light. Will try it tonight and let you know.

Thanks,
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    Options
    manuals -

I still have a few kicking around. do you have a fax? or I can scan them - your choice. My "off air" email is aspennorth@hotmail.com as private numbers should be posted carefully. Or - Firedragon sells a great manual for Riellos.
This discussion has been closed.