Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Question for Stevenyc

Options
Steve sorry but the extra large post was killing my eyes. It sounds like you may have another problem other than vents. Have you looked at how your returns enter your wet return? What happens below the picture of the vent? What I am getting at is there any path that steam can get from another main over to the new set of Gortons, like a dry return?

Comments

• stevenyc_2
    stevenyc_2 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    RE: thfurnitureguy

Thanks. Like the name BTW! Do you build furniture?

Anyway, to your question. Yes, the other post was getting somewhat out of hand.

From the 90 degree elbow and the short straight run as seen in the picture, the pipe curves roughly 35 degrees and continues downward to the wet return line which is below the slab. It curves 90 degrees to a horizontal line where it meets the ground and then after a 5-6 foot run curves 35 degrees and makes a beeline for the boiler, about 15 feet. All of this is below the water line. Let me know if you need further clarification.

Thanks again for your help!
  • thfurnitureguy_4
    thfurnitureguy_4 Member Posts: 398
    Options

Yes to the furniture question. My wife and I run an upholstery/ design, business in Hanover PA. The other side of this coin is the boiler not firing fast or hot enough, It would be good to know what your pump pressure, your nozzle size and angle are, if oil. Compaired to what they are suposed to be from the mfg. This is where it gets tricky. Do you know what your EDR adds up to for your radiators? It might also be good to know how much over or under sized your boiler is before you go any further. I found a sagging pipe in my system that caused a simular situation. Best of luck
This discussion has been closed.