Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

outside wood boilers

Options
brian_35
brian_35 Member Posts: 1
Can anyone help me out with this circulation problem? I am new to piping an outside wood boilers thinking just like an ordinary oil boiler. Have two zones coming off the wood boiler, one for the house that was there and just added a zone for radiant heat in the garage. The house goes into a heat exchanger and for the zone of radiant just goes to the garage where a manafold is set up on the wall and goes through a mixing valve witha bypass for the main line. The problem is with air? Seem to bleed all air out and system runs and then fills back up with air.ciculator is on the return side at the wood boiler? at one time the circulaor was on the supply at the boiler but would melt the circ. cartridgeso he was told to move it to the return. Is this correct? And should there be flowchecks on the two main lines? I did put one on the raiant loops. Any suggestions or diagrams on how to pipe it would be appreciated, thanks brain

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Is this an open system?

and what model pump do you have. Often those systems are shipped with high head pumps. These pumps need to have some pressure (NPSH) at the suction side to prevent cavitation. The pump manufacture will usually state required minimum pressure.

Supply side, connected low to see the pressure the water in the boiler presents. And temperature will not hurt them. Most are rated to 250° and you won't get an open system much above 212° as the water will boil.

The manufacture should include drawings in their installation manuals. Or go online to get drawings from them.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.