Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Perry LWCO

Options
Ron Gillen
Ron Gillen Member Posts: 124
That helps a lot. I to will wait till spring for the install. Not a code requirement so I thought I would mount the LWCO on the riser to the main floor. Thanks again

Comments

• Ron Gillen
    Ron Gillen Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Perry LWCO

Perry, can you tell me where to find specific information on where to tie in the LWCO in the control circuit of the Vitodens?
  • Perry_3
    Perry_3 Member Posts: 498
    Options
    How to tie the LwCO to the Vitodens

If you look at the wiring diagram - and the section that refers outside items connected to the Burner Contorl Unit...

3rd indicated plug in is for "External Disable of Burner". It also instructs that you have to reverse a jumper that is on the control board. Note that this is plug locations X6-1 and X6-2.

This is also mentioned as Item "M" on the Vitodens 200 Quick Start-Up Guide.

I note that you can only do this if you do not remote mount the Programing Unit.

I have purchased the Connection Kit Part number 7134 609, which can be connected on top of the Vitodens 200 and below the relief valve. Technically this was not intended for the smaller Vitodens - but it will work on them.

You then need a LWCO, and a male coupling to connect the LWCO to the connection kit. The weight of the LWCO must be independently supported.

I have not yet gotten all of this installed; and will probably wait until after heating season is over.

I am surprised that Viessmann does not sell a complete LWCO package that would include the Connection kit, the needed male coupling, the LWCO, and the necessary cable down to the control input with wiring instructions. If they do - I was not told of it.

Hope this helps.

Perry
This discussion has been closed.