Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need Tekmar Gurus !!!!

Ted_9
Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
I'd set it up with a Vitotronic control.

Massachusetts

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=373&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Ernie
    Ernie Member Posts: 94
    Need Tekmar Gurus !!!!

How would you set up Tekmar 260 to control boiler water temperature between 125*F to 145*F and not exceed the 145*F temperature by 5 *F or as close as possible? Boiler is a Vitola with IDWH.

Tekmar 260 has OD & ID sensors, controlling 4 zones of Slant Fin 30/¾” convectors that wrap around exterior walls in all upstairs Bedrooms & Baths.

Downstairs consists of Kitchen/Dining room with 12’ of convector on a sidewall. Living Room has 16’ of convector on a sidewall.
    There no convectors across the front or back of Living Room, Kitchen /Dining areas.
  • Ernie
    Tekmar

Control is already in place. Thanks for your reply.
  • Paul_11
    Paul_11 Member Posts: 210
    tekmar 260

Ernie,
    I'm not sure why you want to do this, because it mainly bypasses most of features of the Tekmar 260, which is a great control.
    However, you could set the maximum boiler target temperature at 145 degrees and the minimum boiler target temperaturs at 125 degrees. Then I would monitor the actual temperature to see how close you get.

You can download the data file for the Tekmar 260 and any other tekmar control at Tekmarcontrols.com

I must ask though, with indoor sensors and outdoor sensors, why would you want to do this?
    Respectfully,

Paul B. Shay
    pshay@arealgoodplumber.com
    LMP 1307
    LMFS 654B
    212-505-1837
    917-939-0593
    OUR MISSION: TO PROVIDE WORLD CLASS PLUMBING, HEATING, AND SPRINKLER SERVICE TO EACH AND EVERY CLIENT WE SERVE, FAR EXCEEDING THEIR HIGHEST EXPECTATIONS!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Since 1990, I have made steam systems quiet, comfortable, and efficient. We provide comfort while saving the planet.
    NYC RETROFIT ACCELERATOR QUALIFIED SERVICE PROVIDER

A REAL GOOD PLUMBER, INC
    NYC LMP: 1307
    O:212-505-1837
    M:917-939-0593
  • Ernie
    Paul

I am trying to achieve constant circulation in all zones with the lowest water temperatures possible. Thanks for your reply.
  • Dave Larsen_2
    Dave Larsen_2 Member Posts: 53
    Tekmar controls

Do you have a sensor on your supply line? set your min. and max temperatures, also set your differential, if you are worried about overshooting your supply temp. you certainly don't need a viessmann comtrol,although Veissmann has great stuff! I've been using Tekmar for a loooong time and have NEVER had any reason to switch.
  • marc
    marc Member Posts: 203
    Vitola

How did you purchase the Vitola without the Viessmann control. They will not sell any boilers except the ECDS and Vitorond 100. It would run flawless with one of the Viessmann controls, not to say anything about Tekmar, they make high quality products as well. Marc
  • Ernie
    Dave

Yes it has a supply sensor. Would you use the auto adjust differential or set it for what you want?
  • Ernie
    Marc

Vitola installed in 1991, with simple on/off....summer/winter switches and dial temperature control set @ 150*F. Temperature setting was more than enough to heat @ design day.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,365
    Jimmy The Gent Burke from Comfort zone

He has an ad here and his email is baseheat@aol.com . He is who I go to when I can't figure it out. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John Ruhnke
    John Ruhnke Member Posts: 916
    Give me a call.........

Ernie,

Hey Ernie, How are you? Give me a call and I will talk you through it.

My cell phone number is 1-203-921-6310.

I'll be at the homeshow in Stamford March 3-4th if you want to talk to me there too. The phone is better when I can look up the Tekmar books while in front of the computer.

John Ruhnke

I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Hydronics is the most comfortable and energy efficient HVAC system.
  • Ernie
    John Runke

Thanks John, when is the best time to call. Ernie
  • Ernie
    MAD DOG

Thanks for your reply, appreciate your input,Ernie
This discussion has been closed.