Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

\"Search\" Qestion

ALH_4
ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
Dave, from what I can tell, search has a maximum of 200 results, and goes back to 2002 or so? Just guessing based on results I have seen in the past.

Is <a href="http://forums.invision.net/Thread.cfm?CFApp=2&&Message_ID=300723&_#Message300723"target="_blank">this</a> the thread you are looking for?

One thing I would like is if there was a way to bookmark a thread, from inside the thread, once it has fallen off The Wall so it is easier to find again.

Comments

• A few weeks back,

I put in a posting called Tjernland Problems", but now searching back, I can`t find-it, am I missing something? (besides my rotten spelling)

Dave
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Tjerlund Power ventors

They have quite a few Dave. the HV the ss1 and ss11

the 1 is in roman numerals so in a way that probably doesnt help a lot. however just google search is easy find. :)

it is easy to not make mistakes if you never do anything , right ? :) is that a Rhetorical question? i think That is a rhetorical question...*~/:)
  • Thanks Weezbo but,

I just meant that I couldn`t find it in the "search" on this site. I posted-it only a few weeks back, I thought the "search" feature went back 90 days? Just curious to look something-up I posted here before, that`s all.

Dave
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Dave, i think that can and does indeed happen...

so, sometimes when i particularily like a post i save a reply or post and save a reply in my e mail. only problem is when our computers "Crash" or the capacitor Lids go bonkers...:)

i think it was Jan 06 title Tjernland SSC2 i just went back like 60n of your posts

it has some phone number in it and if you plick on the This deal that Andrew posted in reply to your question....i think that is probably the one you are looking for..i maybe got the SS1 c part wrong:)
  • Ya,,,,,

I`ll remember that next-time, little late for me now,,,Oh well.

Dave
  • Andrew,,,,

that`s exactly what I wanted, how did you find that? Did you save-it?

Dave
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,582
    There are two search engines for HeatingHelp.com

The one on the masthead is a Google search of the entire site, minus the Wall. The one at the top of the Wall searches Wall posts. This is because the Wall and the rest of the site are on two different servers.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Thanks Dan,

I didn`t know that,,,,,but I do now!

Dave
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Dave,

One thing I have noticed also is that it doesnt search the thread title. It only searches the post subject, author, and body. I usually only remember the title of the thread, so sometimes it is hard to find a specific thread from a while back.

I just did a search for "Tjernlund" and looked at the date when I remembered seeing your thread.

If it is fairly recent you can do an author search for your own name, leave the subject line blank, and find your posts from that thread.
  • Thanks also Andrew,

ya I tried that "google" thing too, with my computer skills it would surely take me awhile to find-it that way. I`ll try that "author thing" for myself and see where that goes.(only because I want to know).

Dave
This discussion has been closed.