Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronic Pressure Drop

Options
Ken_40
Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
notoriuos leakers. However, if it is tied into house pressure/water, it would go up, not down - if it leaked.

How sure are you of the gage's accuracy? Could it be out of whack by 20-30 pounds?

Comments

• Mark Babson
    Mark Babson Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hydronic Pressure Drop

I have a Trianco Heatmaker boiler that also makes domestic hot water. The boiler pressure for the hot water heating system losses pressure every 2-3 weeks. I have checked for leaks and cannot find anything. This is a small house approx. 1,500 sq. ft. The pressure stays around 20 lbs when I fill it. The system never had an automatic makeup, no prv only a manual gate valve. I put a bucket under the p&t valve to see if the pressure was going to high and blowing the relief, but that is not happening.
  • Big Ed_3
    Big Ed_3 Member Posts: 170
    Options
    You Have a Leak...

.....but it is small. If you have a pressure drop ,it is going some where. Sounds small so you may not see water on the floor. Could be evaporating faster then it leaking out.. Look around for rust or mineral build up...

P.S. Put away for a new boiler ,that model unit has a short life expectancy .. I can them garbage cans . Also ...... Look around the jacket for burn marks. They are signs of the fire burning through.
This discussion has been closed.