Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Spacepak and Unico

I am sure that any mfr or rep could have a problem at vacation time or busy times. Other than that did the equipment seem to be well built and easy to set up for later sevicing? Thanks again for your help.

Comments

• bernie_3
    bernie_3 Member Posts: 35
    HO researching

Are there any general preferences for either of these systems? Websites both provide much info but I was interested in an installer perspective. (service, etc.)
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    This may make some waves

I was called in after the installing contractor walked off the job to set up a Space-Pak system with York 2 stage condensing unit. The instructions on the condenser were fairly clear on what needed to be done with the air handler. I attempted to contact the local rep (in the next state over) and sent an email to the home office.

About 10-14 days later, I received an email response from the rep asking about the problem. I had mostly resolved the problem with the help of another high velocity manufacturer by that time.

I was not happy with the timeliness of the response form Space-Pak and will remember this the next time I look for a high velocity system to install at a customers.

Of course, this is most likely a local problem and not nationwide (I hope!).
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

There is another brand also. Air Link. What's nice about it is that it comes more as a kit with all the parts and kind of a pop it together arrangement. I never put one in, but I sold a few when I was in the wholesale side of the business.

AS I understand it, the guys that started Spacepack left to start Unico with a better idea, then left Unico to start Air Link, with another better idea.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Hi Jeff:

I would be interested in what you found out on the 2 stg, cond w/ the Space-Pak. Just off the top of my head,...since the units are charged by sub cooling and not S/H, I still think the S/H coming back is hi enough at full load, but to cut it be say 50%? Compressor needs some kind of cooling coming back to it. Just curious.

Mike T.
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    I also

I also would like to know if, it had a variable speed blower
    on it.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Bernie

Most reps I've dealt with have a staff of people that should be available in less than 10 days. IMO, that was inexcusable...

Well built? Sure, I didn't have a problem with that.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Actually

this was at the beginning of last summer, so I don't really remember. The condenser has a Bristol twin-single compressor in it and the Space-Pak was zoned into 2 levels.

For some reason, I want to say the system is actually a 60/40 split between the stages.

Don, the Space-Pak did not have a VS blower motor on it, just a regular motor.
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Thanks Jeff

I was thinking, how could that have ever work properly without a variable speed blower on it.

• Jeff Lawrence_25
    All I'm going to say

is that there are instructions on how to do the set-up in the installation manual for the condenser.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Thanks

Very little Jeff. I guess that stomps on this topic....:-) No big deal, just thought I'd talk it over w. Ya, but all to nought.:-)

Mike T..................................
This discussion has been closed.