Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

for that press fitting look , but with

Options
hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
went into the fitting before you inserted the pipe?

Although it didn't look like enough solder, especially considering the tolerances of pipe and fittings these days :)

hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    the confidence of

a soldered joint.

Remove o-ring, insert solder ring, flux fitting and pipe, add heat.

I believe Sterling or someone makes solder rings, seen at some DIY stores.

Also Watts has a DIY fitting with solder already installed.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I used those on my new heat source last weekend...

I STILL hit them with a dab of solder, because...I could:-)

Anyone remember those solder rings that were out on the market for a short while?

A. Clean pipe and fitting.

B. Insert solder ring over pipe.

C. Heat pipe and fitting evenly and watch solder ring hit floor and go SPLAT...

D. Disassemble pipe, reclean and use FLUX and solder conventionally... (I added the D instruction :-)

I did use those on one job, and about half the joints leaked. HMMmmm. Wonder why they're not around any more, eh?? Maybe they should have mixed flux into the solder?

The instructions for the DIY fitting don't mention anything about the use of flux either IMMSMC.

ME
  • at your hd

I seen them at home depots here, saleman there that all they r selling.. No body used the old way fittings anymore... Fittings are 4 times the cost over reguler ones...
This discussion has been closed.