Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baseboard low water temp ratings

Options
Brad White
Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
So, Noel- anything else going on that you can reveal? :)

New products? Expanding tables for other radiation lines? Adding turbulators to fin tube for enhanced output at low water flow? I can keep a secret!
"If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Slant/Fin ratings

Check out our new website, we changed it entirely recently. We are now including ratings for baseboard down to 110° F. to allow use with condensing boilers.

http://www.slantfin.com

http://www.slantfin.com/documents/327.pdf

Noel
  • Uni R_4
    Uni R_4 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Kudos Noel!

Both to S-F for doing it and for you letting us know! Thanks

Were you behind this happening?
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    Welcome information Noel

They mention deriving the 140 degree ratings starting with the 150 degree ratings then applying a correction factor.

May I assume that those below that point were all field/laboratory tested or extrapolated mathematically? Just curious.

Regardless, it is good to see manufacturer's keeping pace with the market. Should drive up sales of fin-tube too, one needs so much of it.
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)_1
    Options
    hot dog!

It's great to see the numbers to confirm what we've been doing can now be backed up by the manufacturer.

We recently converted a church to mod-con & caught some flak about joining a mod-con to (commercial) baseboard units. I was told it wouldn't work with our programmed reset curve! Funny, it purrs like a kitten and there's not been a single complaint. The only folks who will be upset are the gas co bean counters(G).

Thanks Noel
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Thanks to Noel and Slant Fin!

I notice there are two 220°F columns.

Looks like for 1gpm under 220°F the linear function is approximately (Output btu/h)=6*(Supply Temp °F)-511

I am definitely not an expert on convection. Is the relationship really linear at lower supply temps? The curve fit is very close.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Yes it is, Andrew

Brad, these numbers are from our engineering department, I didn't extrapolate them. I've been working on this for a while, though it's been a low priority, with everything else that's going on.

Noel
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sure

We are adding low temp ratings to all of our line (we even put a calculator on the spec pages to help use them. Thanks Paul).

We released our 3 pass oil boiler this week, and this year we intend to release a larger section size 3 pass, in several sizes of boiler.

We have TWO condensing gas boilers in the works, to be announced when the date to release them becomes near.

Noel
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Thanks, Noel

stop by more often, we don't see enough of you here :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)_1
    Options
    Noel

Would you please contact me - I have a question.
  • Chris_82
    Chris_82 Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Real Baseboard,...not that like Noel I would plug a particular..

http://www.hawkstoneindustries.com/html/htgedge.html

For a Mans baseboard, that has been running radient temps of 90 degrees, that is bomb-proof, installs easily, and dosen't dent, and is great for childrens rooms where contact burns are an ever present source of danger to infants and children, try this and you will never go back to dent-o-matic again!!!
This discussion has been closed.