Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

steam guy boston

Brad White_9
Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
I got another message off-line from an attendee of the annual seminar I teach at the Boston Building Materials Co-Operative. I had recommended Ed Wallace. The person called him and said his number was disconnected.

Ed- If you read this, call me/write to me off-line and let me know how you are doing. I am concerned.

Beyond the Ed recommendation, I would keep asking. I have no second choice in mind at the moment.

Brad

Comments

• Tom.gothers
    Tom.gothers Member Posts: 3
    steam guy boston

Need a steam guy in boston!

I've posted stuff here. Have had great responses. With the help of you Wallies I have come to a much better understanding of our one pipe steam system. In one case, it was here on the wall with the particular help of Mark Hunt that we solved a system flooding problem that our present contractor couldn't.

I went to Dan's seminar in Sommerville the other week where I met Brad White who I read here all the time.

I am determined to get our large (30 unit condo building) one pipe system running properly. We need PROFESSIONAL HELP!!!
    Any suggestions?????
    THanks again
    TOm
  • Brad White_9
    Ed Wallace

Ed would get my vote. He is in Watertown.

Nice to meet you too, Tom. Dang you look familiar!

Brad
  • call ed

Ed wallace is near you and he is a true steam guy, call him
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

A 30 unit condo building is a little out of my league. I generally only work residential, but what about Ted G from patriot?
    I think they're in the find a pro section

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Tom.gothers

I did get in touch with Ed some time back, but have been unable to reach him since. I have thought about calling Patriot since I see his postings here frequently.
    I will try the cell number I have again for Ed and I will call Patriot.

Thanks again guys.

Brad, is the seminar you give only for members of the building materials co-op?
    Tom
  • Brad White_9
    BBMC- Tom

Hi Tom-

The seminars are open to everyone but members of the BBMC are charge less. General public is $70 and members of the BBMC are charged $45.

I suggest you join :) just because you should...

http://www.bostonbmrc.org/bostonbmrc/workshop_sched.pdf

Check them out on line:

http://www.bbmc.com/bbmc/join.html

Yes, I would call Ted Gregoriadis at Patriot- Sorry I had not thought of that. Ted, se habla steam?
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Steam

I'm sorry guys, steam is just not my thing. I don't have any recommendations at this time.

Massachusetts

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mitch_6
    Mitch_6 Member Posts: 549
    Maybe Dan can meet us for

a Boston Ugly type thing on sight.

Unfortunately I am predominantly a residential steam guy. If it is broke I can fix it, if it was installed wrong to start it may take a while.

For the Big stuff FIA in Woburn is good but there sales people will only come out to meet a contractor.

Mitch S.

• Boston
    Boston Member Posts: 71
    Boston Steam Guy

I had a pretty challenging job a while back. I spoke to a lot of guys. John from Powderhouse plumbing in Stoneham was the best guy I found. We had moved a house with Steam heat, and added a garage underneath where the boiler was located. So we were essentially re-installing a steam boiler with existing risers.

He wound up giving me a even better solution than using the steam boiler.

Real smart guy, understands steam. He grew up in Somerville which has a lot of steam.

He is in the book on stoneham. Guy is smart.

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    steam less boiler

a steam system without a steam boiler ?? that is pretty smart. did he use a nuclear re-actor ?
  • Tom.gothers

wow, que dificil encontrar una persona que habla STEAM!!

We mostly need guidance. Our present contractor is capable of doing the labor, but we need more advise on what needs to be corrected and in what order...we really need a steam guy.
    Thanks for all of your input
    TOm
This discussion has been closed.