Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radiators on monoflow system won't heat

Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
letting water off to 30psi might have to be listed under Homeowner intervention. It is sorta like Divine intervention just a little ....different. you arent handy with a screwdriver are you? if so, might just want to leave the thing alone until the contractor gets back over to make a few adjustments to his attitude for the day...:) dont think he Wants to make that adjustment mind you, it is just one of those things the man upstairs comes up with to fine tune any one who starts to think that they know what they are doing.:)) sorry, its some manic form of inside humor i have.

Comments

• joe_90
    joe_90 Member Posts: 2
    radiators won't heat

We moved into an old house where there are 5 zones on boiler. most of the zones refer to the first floor with copper baseboard heat. the second floor cast iron radiators are intact on one zone. they are on a mono flow system from the basement. they originally worked and after some remodeling where a new radiator was tied into the return just above the zone valve (the supply side is off the main out - pipe; all with "pex"). so the system works fine, the bathroom gets its final hook up, and for a week or so the first radiator on the line heats up all of the time even when the zone valve is CLOSED. when I open the zone valve, the #2 and #4 radiators heat (as does the new install-which always works); then I realized that the system was pressured to 40 and let some water out to 30. now none of the radiators get hot. its as if there is a block. my serviceman who I like said at first it had to be air, but after flushing the system, nothing happened. he brought in someone who said it must be a frozen pipe somewhere between # 2 and #3 which are on an outside wall. I can't figure it out the system was never turned off completely and just a week before some radiators got hot; any thoughts? they are about to undertake major work of tearing out ceilings to heat pipes and I am not sure its the right "diagnosis"
  • joe_90
    joe_90 Member Posts: 2
    uh, I only touched it with their permission!

This discussion has been closed.