Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham V-7 leaking

Bill_55
Bill_55 Member Posts: 11
That's what I was hoping to hear. I'll pass that along to my buddy. Thanks again!

Comments

• Bill_55
    Bill_55 Member Posts: 11
    Burnham V-7 leaking

A friend has a Burnham V-7-- three sections-- hot water baseboard with domestic coil-- oil fired. Installed in 2000. No issues with local water quality-- municipal water, corrected for ph before we ever get it, not hard enough to require a softener.

My friend noticed water trickling from under the boiler and took the cover off. The tie rod on the upper left of the boiler (near the coil) had rusted through and broken... corrosion all down the side of the sections. Seems to be leaking at the push nipples inside and coming out through the seam between the sections. We're guessing it must have been leaking a little for a long time... enough to corrode the tie rod.. then when the tie rod broke, the leak got bigger. Put a new tie rod on it. Still leaking-- that was no surprise.

He got the boiler from a local supply house and installed it with the help of a licensed plumber/friend so it's a good install but of course, there's no heating contractor to go back to now.

I searched the old threads and saw that you guys have seen leaks with the Burnham V-7, and just about every other model and brand of boiler too. Most folks seemed to have had good experiences dealing with Burnham on this kind of warranty issue. Is that still the case? Anybody to ask for at Burnham if things aren't going well?

It's a real shame... beautiful boiler and a great install.
  • John@Reliable_14
    John@Reliable_14 Member Posts: 171
    Just call your local..................

service guy or the supply house. Give them the model number and ser.# from the plate or sticker on boiler. Trust me they will know what to do. You will get a new block and jacket. All the parts ie: burner, tankless, pump, etc will need to be removed and installed on new block assy. Hope this helps John@Reliable
  • Singh_3
    Singh_3 Member Posts: 58
    Or

Upgrade now to a V-8 with indirect since the V-7 not available. Better yet the MPO.
    Your Burnham supplier should be able to get a rebate form from the regional sales rep.
    Burnham is willing to pay about half he costs for the upgrade, based on the serial number and date.
    I just went through this, with a seven section V7 late '99 install that's leaking.
    Went with the MPO and new warranty.
    Where as if you replace just the block which Burnham would do , warranty is prorated as if it still was a 2000 install.
  • Ern
    Ern Member Posts: 1
    what's the ballpark labor $?

I have a Burnham V7 and it's leaking. My oil guy already contacted Burnham and since it's still under warranty, got the replacement parts free, but he said it'll cost around $1,100 for labor. Is this a fair price?
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Pricing can vary

Pricing can vary dramatically from region to region. That's part of the reason prices are not discussed here. So, ask your guy how many guys for how long of a time at how much per hour per man.

Leo
  • Rob_25
    Rob_25 Member Posts: 20

Upgrade now to a V-8! hummmmmm Replaced 2 leaking V-8's already maybe they are V-7 with V-8 Jackets.Impostors!
  • Maine Ken
    Maine Ken Member Posts: 531

"but of course, there's no heating contractor to go back to now. "

What about the licensed plumber friend???

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Rick_62
    Rick_62 Member Posts: 6
    Too High!!!!

That shouldn't cost more than $100. Get a Peerless Pinnacle Oil Condensing Boiler. 90%+ efficiency. The savings would be INCREDIBLE!!! Many satified customers!!!! Put the money in YOUR pocket not theirs!!!!!!!!!!
  • Al Gregory
    Al Gregory Member Posts: 260

100 to replace a block? Come on over here I can give you atleast three leaking blocks a day to change for that
This discussion has been closed.