Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Give'n the option

J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
Wth an indirect, it wouldn't be sitting idle throgh the summer,and would be a bit less to run than an electric water heater in the long run...
Personally, my recommendation would be a Burnham boiler. they have all the tappings to do what you need...year round. Chris

Comments

• Oil fired steam boiler with tankless coil or oil fired steam boiler with electric hot water heater.

Job history- current boiler is a steam boiler tankless Burnham V 75 T that makes 596 sqft of steam. the house is a rental property in NJ and has a cracked section.

If you were the landlord would you just replace the boiler with the "like kind same" or a standard cold start boiler an add an electric water heater. what would be best for the landlord and what would be best for the tennet. the job cost is the same due to the fact the landlords daughter married a plumber.

Thanks Don
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Cold start

Cold start steam boilers get all plugged up with scale. Around here electric water heaters are expensive to run and slow to recover. Do them a favor, let the boiler keep clean and warm and give them lots of hot water. I service boilers for an oil company and the cold start steamers that sit through the summer are the worst.

Leo
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Chris you're right

I never think of an indirect with a steamer. Anything as long as the boiler doesn't sit idle al summer.

Leo
  • Thanks for your sugestions

Thanks for your timely response. the boiler leaks right at the water line and i cant replace it till monday. any sugestions on giving them a little heat till then, its 26 degrees outside
    don
This discussion has been closed.