Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Revolutionary Article!!!!!!!!

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,582
I appreciate your understanding, and your passion.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• John Ruhnke
    John Ruhnke Member Posts: 923
    Revolutionary Article!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I just spoke with Tom Durkin. He is one of the best hydronic engineers I know. He wrote the article on boiler efficiency. To this day plenty of people think the numbers are some how doctored. They aren't. This paper will revolutionize our industry and save the world billions in fuel. Right now most experts don't believe the article. Hey, when the Wright Bros submitted there patent on the plane it was held up in the patent office for 5 years because all of the experts said that the patent violated the known rules of physics at the time. I ask you. What do the experts say today about the Wright Bros version of Physics today? Opinions change over time.

A good revolutionary paper has a lot of controversy. Durkins paper has a lot of controversy.

The good news is you can get even better savings then in the article if you install a low temp radiant system and hook up a condensing boiler to it.

JR

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Hydronics is the most comfortable and energy efficient HVAC system.
  • DanHolohan
    Copyright issues

John, I've removed the link you posted to the article because ASHRAE doesn't allow their publications to be reprinted or distributed without written permission, and we don't have that.

If anyone wants to see this, perhaps they can contact you directly by e-mail.
    Retired and loving it.
  • John Ruhnke
    Copyright issues.....

Dan,

You can buy the pdf from ASHRAE for a small fee. Also you can purchase a comercial license from ASHRAE to post the article on your website for a much bigger fee. Then if someone downloads from that particular site for free it should be o.k.. I didn't buy that commercial license but if the site that holds the link did then it should be o.k. I was assuming it was o.k.. If you notice I posted a link to another website that has the article. I didn't post the article directly from ASHRAE. Let me contact the owners of that website and see if they purchased that commercial license and confirm if everything is on the up and up.

Sorry for any confusion,

JR

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • realolman
    realolman Member Posts: 513
    big oil

Looks like the big oil companies got to this thread... Next they'll find it in the river wearing cement tennis shoes... right beside the Pogue carburettor.
  • John Ruhnke
    Bad news...............

The avenue I went after to post the link to the boiler efficiency article fell through.

JR

I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • John Ruhnke
    To get the article..........

Dan,

They can go to the ASHRAE link below.

http://resourcecenter.ashrae.org/store/ashrae/newstore.cgi?categoryid=103

Just type in the word Durkin. Then a bunch of articles appear. Then click on the article titled Boiler system efficiency. It costs $8.00 for a copy of the article.

JR

I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • DanHolohan
    Sound like

it might be best to go with my suggestion. Contact you directly by e-mail?
    Retired and loving it.
  • John Ruhnke
    Actually to be safe..............

Dan,

See above, I posted to a ASHRAE link where people can get the article.

JR

I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
This discussion has been closed.