Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

air vent question

non
non Member Posts: 2
I have a new boiler in a 4 story mix -use building. on the 2nd fl close to the boiler room is a very large radiator that over heats the small room.in the front a large radiator that that gets hot but since the room is larger than the back it takes longer to heat up .the thermostat is in the front. on the 4 fl. the people there like the room cooler so the radiator valve is closed . my question is can i place a gorton D size on the 2nd fl front radiator to heat the front room faster and then use a smaller vent size B to the 4 fl. so i can open the radiator valve i suspect the source of my water gauge fluctuation. i asked at the local hardware store but they said it would unbalance the steam. i have a one pipe system , basement pipe insulated all the air vents is corret 2nd fl gorton B , 3fl gorton C 4 fl gorton D. all the radiators pitched. thank you for any advice

Comments

• Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

I would open all the radiator valves and leave them that way. As far as solving your overheating problem, I would suggest a Thermostatic Radiator Valve TRV.

Some more info would be helpful,.. is it one pipe or two pipe steam? (One or two pipes going to each radiator)
    How many total radiators for the system?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• non
    non Member Posts: 2
    air vent question

I have a one pipe system there is only 2 oversized radiator for the whole apt. one in front one in back 3 apt . .... would different size air valves affect the balance and ruin the new boiler , thats the question.

thank you
This discussion has been closed.