Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

new floor under existing radiator

bob young
bob young Member Posts: 2,177
Get a extension coupling & a new valve . problem solved . or an easier method----get a competent plumber to do it for you , while you make money doing what you do best. everybody eats.

Comments

• lane
    lane Member Posts: 3
    new floor under existing radiator

I'm putting in a new floor in a 3rd story bathroom. I've ripped up 2 layers of thin cheap vinyl floor which were underneath the radiator. The old wood I've found underneath is uneven across the floor. I think I need to lay down a single sheet of plywood or pressboard before I put a new floor on top. My question: I don't have enough clearance to put plywood and a new floor underneath the radiator. I can disconnect the radiator but is there some type of extender or something that I can buy to give me some additional clearance for the new floor? Thanks.

• Yes disconnect it don't floor around it. If it is on copper then is' no problem. If it is on iron pipe you can try just yanking on the valve and return. If that does not work you will need what we call here on the Ct shoreline an "insert coupling" or "sreet coupling" wich is a male thread by female thread fitting
  • lane
    lane Member Posts: 3

beautiful - excellent suggestions. Cheers
This discussion has been closed.