Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Changing Anti Condensing Valve on Laars Endurance

Options
able
able Member Posts: 16
I just replaced one last week system was two years old repair is simple I wasnt impresed with the part to fail that soon when you can get ten years out of a zone valve head.and a one year warranty the part for just the head cost me over 120.00 plus shiping and tax so there is no way you can get it for fifty dollars this is a wholesale price so you have to expect markup plus labor . fair is fair you dont work for free do you .

Comments

• Le John
    Le John Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Anti Condensing Valve on Laars Endurance

Anyone have the experience in changing the anti condensing valve in a Laars Endurance Boiler? Is it a difficult process? I know the part costs around 50.00 but got an estimate of around 300.00. Is this reasonable?

Thanks for the assistance?

John Le Ny
    845-746-6767
    jrleny@gmail.com
  • Ken_40
    Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
    Options
    Including travel time?

Unless he lives next door, 300 is reasonable, very reasonable indeed.
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    $ 50 ?

I doubt your info re the part is accurate. In fact, I don't think there's a $50 part on an Endurance.

Do you want it fixed ? Is he "the man" ? Then pay the price or do it yourself :)
  • BillMarchant
    BillMarchant Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Anti Condensing Valve on Laars Endurance

Hi John,
    The anti condensing valve has a cartridge in it that can be unscrewed and replaced instead of changing the valve. very easy to do.Our part number is 2400-141. Email me or call me at 1-603-335-6300 ext.582 and I can send you a photo showing it.

Bill Marchant
    Applications Advisor
    Laars Heating Systems
This discussion has been closed.