Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

soot vacum

Options
brucewo1b
brucewo1b Member Posts: 638
I have been using that same one for years I used to have the larger model ie bigger canester and loved it but it was too heavy for the boss so he replaced with the smaller ones but with the old beasts ie boielrs it was alot of fluffy soot todays pin style create alot of that cement like crap and it gets heavy fast.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    soot vacum

what is a good brand/type vacum to use for boilers, our shop uses the small red sid harvey unit mod 514 with 4 little caster wheels that gets heavy by the end of the day, i wanted to try a larger unit with larger wheels but have heard they are a killer to use, i clean about 300 boilers a season any suggestions on a better vac..thanks mike...
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    My vacuum

I just bought a standard shopvac from graingers 6 years ago. Great suction, has two big wheels, and is light to carry. The only problem I have had is with some of the cheap fasteners that holds the loop handle together. I fixed it using 1/4" nuts and bolts, and some loctite. I use the sootmaster vac bags in addition to the pleated cartridge filter. No mess, works great!

Cosmo
  • ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 958
    Options
    I once used

a borrowed toner vacuum that photocopier servicepersons use. It was great, and didn't clog. Extremely powerful, with a good attachment kit. And it was small, and would open like a tackle box for very easy cleaning.

I've been meaning to get one, but I do no oil so brushes have worked out for what I do. Every single time I think "gotta get one of those vacs" and forget before I'm out the door...

I'm wont to say, "I remember things for as long as I can."

-Terry
    terry
  • soot-vac

Hello Mike; I've had good luck with a Mastercraft soot vacuum and its most widely used here in Mass. by many in the oil heat trade.
This discussion has been closed.