Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How many pumps should I have

Brandon_4
Brandon_4 Member Posts: 17
Did you ever consider a control station? Look at this website: www.hpscontrols.com

Comments

• jskubiz
    jskubiz Member Posts: 4
    How many pumps should I have

Have new Knight 80 - 210 boiler doing domestic hot water and six heating zones, three hot water baseboard in original house and three floor heating in new addition. Manual always refers to three pumps: boiler, system, and domestic hot water and how "smart system" controls all these. Installer put in only one pump at boiler. Am I losing some of the benefits of this boiler.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Can you

Post a picture?

The Knight instructions say you have to have a dedicated boiler pump in addition to the system pump. The DHW pump is not necessary if you don't have an indirect.

I've attached the Installation and Operation manual for the Knight. On page 29, there is a picture of how the work is supposed to be done. If it was done any other way, you got a knucklehead to install the boiler...
  • Brandon_4
    Brandon_4 Member Posts: 17

Did you ever consider a control station? Look at this website: www.hpscontrols.com
  • Uni R_3
    Uni R_3 Member Posts: 299
    Yes

What size is the zone valve for the domestic tank? If you're sure that they only installed 1 pump, I'd be calling the contractor and asking him to show you how that installation is authorized by the mfr. Maybe it is - but if it isn't and you have a warranty claim, it's going to go against you if a rep comes out and sees that.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,788
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
This discussion has been closed.