Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

high-density element for HW baseboard?

Options
huck_3
huck_3 Member Posts: 6
I've got a HO who has about 3' of HW piping, but only about 18" of elements in the 2nd floor bath- no surprise she says it's always cold.
I've heard of high density foil elements, haven't seen them yet.
quick background...i work for a community dev. co. and the affordable new homes we build come with 1 year warranty...i'm the guy who takes the warranty calls. so i'm working on getting the plumber back to work on this and i'd like to think about the best way to get as much heat in this bath as possible.
First, can you just add elements onto existing pipe or are the fins already attached to new pipe?
second, is there 'high-density' HW elements, and can this 'snap-on' or does it come attached to pipe?

p.s. i read these threads everyday, learn something new everyday, and got my one pipe steam system pretty well balanced... big thanks to everyone here, this is the best web-site ever.

Comments

• Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    SpiroTherm Speed Heat

seems to have higher output than your average fin-tube. Higher enclosures (greater chimney effect) helps for no added fin. If you can double the element in height (stacked) you might get another 30% or so in addition to the additional length you seek.
This discussion has been closed.