Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

steam heat problem with one unit not heating

Options
Sean_23
Sean_23 Member Posts: 1
I recently converted from oil the gas on a steam boiler. Now one of my radiators will not heat up. I've replaced the vents on all the radiators so I could try and adjust them so more steam would come up to this one but It did not work. Air is coming out of the vent but it seems the steam never has a chance to reach that radiator, The room gets cold and is not usable for sleeping. I have no banging and all the other radiators are working fine. I also believe this radiator is the last in the line. What can I do?

Comments

• Ken_40
    Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
    Options

1). Make sure the main, riser and any connecting piping is insulated. If already insulkated, add more.

2). Put slightly smaller vents (orifice openings) in all the other rads - thereby "driving" heat to the toughest rad to heat.

3). Use a Gorton "D" vent on the no-heat rad. It is the largest vent orifice size commonly available for a standard rad.

4). Lower the pressure to a pound and a half max on the pressuretrol. Believe iot or not: Less pressure equals better balance.

One of those "tips" will do it - for sure.
This discussion has been closed.