Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pressure

Options
wayne evans
wayne evans Member Posts: 13
i have a one pipe steam system how much pressure should there be the radiator that will not heat has the steam just drifting out when i disconnect it and the other radiators down the line do not get steam . i took the main vent out same thing it just drifts out.

Comments

• Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    Much less than a pound....

Any blockage in your piping? What is the boiler pressure? It takes so little...
  • John@Reliable_13
    John@Reliable_13 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    New boiler or existing \"was\" working until................

• Ken L.
    Ken L. Member Posts: 35
    Options
    down the line

When you remove the radiator vents from the cold radiators, what happens? Do these radiators down the line heat up?

I was curious about how much pressure is at the radiators. Using a Magnehelic guage I read up to 20 inches of pressure at a working radiator. (27 inches = 1 PSI) Bear in mind this varied directly with the pressure in the boiler. Also 1 PSI in not much.

This radiator was cold until the vent was removed. I did not see or feel much steam with the vent out. Upon replacing the radiator vent it works great.

This is a possibility to be considered.

BTW, I use varivalves(R)
  • wayne evans
    wayne evans Member Posts: 13
    Options
    pressure

when i take the vents out nothing happens no steamthe pipe coming off the main line going to the raditor gets hot about half way up if i disconnet the radiator it gets hot all the way my pressure gage reads 0 but the radiators before the end work fine even on the 2nd floor
This discussion has been closed.