Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A Tool

I've seen them, couple years back at supply house.. Small with co2 tube with funnel shape nozzle to blow out air cond drain, etc... Joke was that its was invented by a heavy smoker tech that can no longer use lung pressure to do the lightweight job..

Comments

• Darrell
    Darrell Member Posts: 303
    Air Gun

I'm trying to find a tool that I think would be very useful. What I have in mind is an air gun that is highly mobile, small enough to fit in my bucket of goodies, and gutsy enough to clean burners, controls and such. Maybe one that uses a CO2 cartridge, either the little 2oz ones or the bigger ones that my boys use in their paintball guns. Come to think of it, I'd be happy with a gun that uses the regular paintball gun size tanks. I hate dragging an aircompressor around...feels like I'm moving in...and it takes longer to get everything to the boiler room than it does to service the thing! I have a five gallon air bottle...same thing, and bulky in the tight boiler rooms we seem to have up here. Anybody seen anything like this?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,340
    I have tried the CO2 in question.

What it lacks is any sustained pressure. I don't even like it for clearing out condensate lines. How about this,...A portable pressure vessel like a refrigerant tank charged with desired pressure? I am not saying a ref. bottle, but something like that.

Mike T.
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    I agree mike.

I use a small nitrogen tank and regulator.
  • Eric_25
    Eric_25 Member Posts: 79
    Nitrogen

we use a nitrogen bottle and regulator available at any refrigeration supply house or bottled gas outfit. we put a rubber refrigerant hose and a normal air hose type blow gun on it. It will last a long time depending on which size bottle you use.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Kevin O. Pulver
    Kevin O. Pulver Member Posts: 380
    Smaller compressor

The Nitrogen cylinder sounds like the answer, but I saw a very small, light compressor made by Senco that a trim carpenter used. You might check it out. Sorry, no model number. Kevin
This discussion has been closed.