Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Price comparison between boilers

Hi,

I'm thinking about replacing my 25 year old Weil McLain oil boiler..slight leak on top. Just starting my research. Can anyone help me narrow this down..What would be the price difference between a Boderus G115, Burnham MPO, and similar Viessmann model? My current boiler is rated 144,000 BTU..It's heating just the first floor.. around 1,500 square feet(upstairs is electric...yes..ouch) Would the 120,000 BTU Boderus G115 be enough?

Comments

• Ron Gillen
    Ron Gillen Member Posts: 124

The price of the boiler comes last, if at all. Have you done anything to the structure to upgrade the insulation and tighten it up? If not, this is where to start. Next you will need someone to do a proper heat loss calculation. I'd bet your current boiler is large enough for the whole house. Do you have a contractor who has experience in the installation and service of any of the brands you mentoned? In the end, I like Vie$$mann.
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    heatloss calcs

I would never use current size of an old boiler as an indication of what your capacity requirements needs are.

Obtain a heatloss calc to determine what your requirements are. I would not worry about the cost of the boiler just yet. Are you having it installed by a pro? (you should)
This discussion has been closed.