Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

First class job for a Grande Dame...........................

and a great way to part with the house your mom raised you in . No way would I think you were nuts doing all this work . It just seems .... the right thing to do . Up there your mom is smiling :)

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,365
    In the weeks that followed the passing of my mother.............

I knew that we would be selling the home we grew up in. A home that she had made so nice, comfy, warm, and loving. Mom lived on a tight budget, but always kept the house "up"
    and freshly painted and decorated. Anyone who visited was always enthralled by the taste and classic antiques. Mom loved to entertain. Although the Federal Boiler was still running fine and the A.O. Smith 50 gal. was 25 years old and still going, I decided that I would send Mom's house of in style. As soon as the weather broke, I removed the old equipment. Over the spring and summer I finsihed it 95% and just a few weeks ago I added some finishing touches. I was fortunate to have some time and I did it when I could.
    Most people said I was nuts to be putting this boiler in when we were selling the house anyway. I knew better: Doing it was bereavement therapy of the best kind. Also, the folks who came and looked at the house were very impressed. It felt good all-around. Mom, this one was for you. Your Son, Matthew (Mad Dog)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mad Dog_2
    In the weeks that followed the passing of my mother.............

I knew that we would be selling the home we grew up in. A home that she had made so nice, comfy, warm, and loving. Mom lived on a tight budget, but always kept the house "up"
    and freshly painted and decorated. Anyone who visited was always enthralled by the taste and classic antiques. Mom loved to entertain. Although the Federal Boiler was still running fine and the A.O. Smith 50 gal. was 25 years old and still going, I decided that I would send Mom's house of in style. As soon as the weather broke, I removed the old equipment. Over the spring and summer I finished it 95% and just a few weeks ago I added some finishing touches. I was fortunate to have some time and I did it when I could.
    Most people said I was nuts to be putting this boiler in when we were selling the house anyway. I knew better: Doing it was bereavement therapy of the best kind. Also, the folks who came and looked at the house were very impressed. It felt good all-around. Mom, this one was for you. Your Son, Matthew (Mad Dog)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • The Wire Nut
    The Wire Nut Member Posts: 422

Beautiful idea, beautiful work, and wonderful that you can share this with us...

Classy people do classy work, my friend. Your mom must be looking down and beaming.

Thanks!

Alex

"Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA
  • Uni R_3
    Uni R_3 Member Posts: 299
    Very Classy Matt

Classy workmanship too!
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,399
    Matt-

There is clearly no other way you know how to do things than the right way. This indeed is the most fitting tribute you could give to your dear Mom and the house she made home.

I cannot see how you could sell the house without making a final statement with both your hands and heart.

So glad you had that plaque made- The new owners could only begin to understand what went into your labor of love.

Good on you, Matt!

Your mom lives on still.

BEW
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • What a guy...

The kind of kid a mom could be proud of. You done her up well kid.

ME
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

I'm sure Mom would be proud that you took care of the house the way she did. Hopefully that spirit will pass along to the new owners.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
    Matt,

Big Smile ! Nice Job. Chris
  • That's

very touching & one of the finest tributes I've ever witnessed.
  • m dewolfe
    m dewolfe Member Posts: 92
    instal

I have tears in my eyes..........Mark
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
    Mom is smiling

She has a good son.(Actually TWO good sons!)

Awsome work Matt.

Talk to you soon.

Mark H

• Fantastic !
    What a tribute .
    Tears here too .

Ken Resnick

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Brian
    Brian Member Posts: 285
    Awesome

What a great way to pay tribute.The plaque is a great touch.

Dobber
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    A wonderful thank you

to her for all she gave you. Peace to you.
    Ruthe
  • Ray Landry_3
    Ray Landry_3 Member Posts: 94

Matt, that is quite the tribute to your Mom. She is smiling down on you for sure.

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,582
    This is just

perfect. Thanks for being you.
    Retired and loving it.
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,337
    You did

her proud, Matt.

Jack
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    What A Tribute

Matt,

Unbelievable class! When my dad died in 1996 I volunteered to clean out 60 plus years of stuff he collected by tearing down several warehouses and spending about two and one half months with my mother who had Alzheimers.The estate paid me a little to do this and I used the the scrap money to pay my three young sons to help.

It was great therapy as I felt dad's presence around almost every corner.It helped my young boys understand my dad and his history.

It also gave me and the boys the last quality time with my mother before she left us in 1998.

Your story brings tears to my eyes. What a classy thing you have done.I really can't say any more...

Bless you and yours,

Rich K.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
    Well Done Matt

You continue to show you are a class act. That plaque will be there for years to come and thru that your Mom will live on. Good Therapy and a loving tribute.

Scott

• Al Corelli_2
    Al Corelli_2 Member Posts: 395

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,399
    Mad Dog

It's an honor to know you. You are a great Man! Great plaque...

Rick
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Dawg, you're a class act.

Great rememberance.
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Heated with love

The plaque is quite an impressive touch. This system will be proudly cared for - from beyond.

Proud to know you Matt.

• Mad Dog_2
This discussion has been closed.