Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

W/M gold plus 40

Tony_23
Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
IS a Triangle Tube. No coil, tank in tank style. I assume you mean the heating system side of the product.

I've had one leak upon install in '04, and the only other leaker had PB tubing in the system, creating an O2 issue.

Comments

• Bruce_19
    Bruce_19 Member Posts: 2
    W/M gold plus 40

Guy's, I installed this heater about six years ago, it now
    has a slow leak on the coil side. I've been told the W/M's are known to have problems. Question is,has W/M corrected
    these problems and their replacement will be fine or should I be looking else where ie:triangle tube.

Bruce
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    it Is a TT Bruce.

next time bring a Lot of teflon tape with you and a small brass nipto a threaded union....
  • Bruce_19
    Bruce_19 Member Posts: 2

I was told W/M was the same as super store, TT was not.
    I assume teflon and brass nip is to stop corrosion on boiler side? I think my sprinkler system and the hi water pressure during the summer caused this leak, water hammer
    can be bad at times even with surge protection.
    OT, is it a good idea to replace the plus 40 with another one or should I look to another make and model?

Bruce
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    The WM gold

have not been a problem...the only thing i can think of that really is a bug is the tappings never seem Straight maybe its just me. nah...a lot of indirects come off at something askew of plumb and level...on the top of it i chuck the pieces for the air relife and make a different gizmo out of a bell reducer and nip also...

that always seemed to be a pain in the brain until i bagged the reducing bushing and went with a nip and bell..the Caleffi air eliminator is a better deal too as you can use its check valve instead of a small jomar and Modifing the air vent.

an ST-12 is the deal for expansion ,Bruce. it allows some cushion on the domestic side...
This discussion has been closed.