Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Can You Believe This?

Options
Mark_7
Mark_7 Member Posts: 123
I think rinnai's warranty is viod if purchased over the web.

Comments

• Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

Please go to this link I found today!

Below is what was printed at the bottom of his page!!!!!!

The scary part is that people read and believe this crap!

http://www.alsheating.com/Continuum.htm

We have heard from customers from around the Country telling us that their local "respected dealer" is charging as much as $3995.00 installed. This is plain rape, robbery and inexcusable - Rinnai should put a stop to this! However, with the included diagrams you can install the Continuum yourself and then have your favorite Certified-Installer set up the Gas Pressure. This inside help is why you buy from Al's Heating.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,658
    Options
    Why Not??

I belive all glossy brochures. It must be true...it's printed, isn't it? Therefore it must work. ;)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,244
    Options
    I don't want a customer....

....who would buy from a site like that, anyway.

Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    What an ego

I hope his liability policy matches it.

He really slams installers but encourages you to call one to "check the gas pressure".
    I surprised he can't do that from his desk via cosmic energy waves. For free of course :)

hot rod

• maine rick
    maine rick Member Posts: 107
    Options

if you know him like i do you have nothing to fair.
    you need to check out his section on cutting up monitor systems.read it with a grain of salt
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,553
    Options
    Jamie

you just gave him huge publicity, and for free. Consider the size of our audience.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Al Corelli_2
    Al Corelli_2 Member Posts: 395
    Options
    C'Mon John!

Just do what I do. At the bottom of each proposal, print in huge letters...

"We Gladly Fix ALL Low Bidder Work!"

Al
    Not alsheating

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

How true Dan. But maybe we can educate some of his prospective buyers and show them the importance of a properly installed system by a trained and knowledgeable technician. We all know how important it is to correctly install equipment that could potentially kill a family if not vented or set up right!

I’ve always used this site as a tool of education and would hope others would too. And part of that is letting people know how outlandish some peoples remarks can be, like the ones stated by this gentleman.

We all know that knowledge does not come cheap in any line of business. Not yours or mine. That’s why the “Lost Art” costs what it does and that’s why I charge $3,500 to install a Rinnai!

Not to mention I found him off of the goggle search on the top right corner of this page.

Jamie

• Dave Yates (GrandPAH)_1
    Options
    The best of the best of the best!

Well, he does say he's from Pluto!

PT Barnum: Ingress; Egress

If nothing else, it's an entertaining venture into self-promotion.
  • Steven Gronski
    Steven Gronski Member Posts: 98
    Options
    The bottem line.............

You did not scroll down far enough.... here is bottem of the page. As for what this is worth, to anyone out there considering buying his unit and calling a certified Rinnai installer to calibrate it......good luck finding one to do so... I will not even take the risk of liable to touch any product that was not installed by a certified, licensed, trained professional for starters,and I hope the rest of my fellow tradesman feel the same,no matter how much you want to pay us. I think Rinnai should definately do something about this business practice he is running to sell there units, Its bad business for Rinnai, because its the licensed professionals that make there business, and if we band together not to service these type of sales tatics then maybe Rinnia will wake up. What do I charge ?$3200.00 to install the same thing as the 3995.00 guy? The difference......my overhead.This redneck obviuosly has no idea what is involved in installing one....... hanging the unit....electrical...gas piping.....water piping......venting.......calibrating....guess if your working for 6.00 an hour, you can do the job for under a $100.00.....which is a weeks pay in Maine,but an hours pay here in RI. (No offense to you real licensed legitamate tradesman in Maine who knows what it takes to run your business)

Any Certified Rinnai Hot Water Installer Will be Glad to Calibrate Your Rinnai On-Demand Water Heater after you install it - but make sure you are NOT being nailed to the wall with outrageous prices from your local thief. That way YOU save $$$hundreds$$$ over the most greedy Dealers (our customers are OUTRAGED at their local high prices!) who think they have you by the ball$ and can rape you at the same time.

(All Editorial Comments and Experiences are those of the Author - Alvah C. Luce / Cosmic Genius)

• Joannie_12
    Joannie_12 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    My Favorite Part

On his home page:

"While we do show the Monitor Heaters...We absolutely do NOT suggest you buy one because of all the COMPLAINTS and PROBLEMS with the Monitor Heaters and with the HORRIBLE SERVICE given Monitor owners around the Country as attested to on our "Monitor Complaints Page". with many Monitor Heaters breaking at only 2-3 years old."

He sells them, but suggests you don't buy them?!?!?!?
  • Rollie Peck
    Rollie Peck Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Al's Heating

I hope somebody shuts that blowhard down before somebody

gets killed ! ! !

Rollie Peck

Homeowner
  • Rick_62
    Rick_62 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    In our area

We have an "A/C" Installer advertize on the Pennysaver that he will install a complete home air conditioning system in ANY home for $3000 (includes all ductwork)

*yes, there is a company that goes in and fixes them usually for more than the initial price*

I think the do it yourself Rinnai set-up is great for all the service companies in that area.

Mentioning rape in advertizing is always a tremendous marketing tool don't you think? I missed that class in marketing 101
  • Pete_30
    Pete_30 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Thanks for the link I just order a Rinnai. He has good prices and was nice on the phone.
  • JimH
    JimH Member Posts: 89
    Options
    spare chimney capacity

Junt curious, do you happen to have a couple hundred
    thousand BTU worth of unused chimney capacity to hook it
    up to?

-JimH
This discussion has been closed.