Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

weil-mclain soot build up

but I'd also check the orifice sizes and the BTU content of the gas being used. Also, if this is not a sealed-combustion boiler, is the vent termination facing the prevailing winds?

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=367&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Terry Golightly
    Terry Golightly Member Posts: 3
    weil-mclain cbi-4 pin

no heat call. got there and soot all over the outside wall by the vent.check the vent open good gas pressure 13''.water coloum.flame coming out sight port a litte lots of soot on floor of boiler.boiler cuts on and off. led pressure light blinking. also not enought oxygen for make air.do you think we need more intake air,new pressure switch and clean and service boiler. not to familiar with weil-mcclain. please help.single lady has no heat in va. thank you. terry G
  • Terry Golightly
    Terry Golightly Member Posts: 3
    weil-mclain soot

thank you. lp gas. vent on south side but it has been windy for two days now snowing. i did not in stall but will take care of now thank you TGX
  • Mitch_6
    Mitch_6 Member Posts: 549
    Do you mean CGI

How old is the boiler it is possible you are set up for natural but you would most likely have other issues than just sooting (like flash on ignition).

If room is tight could bee poor air supply. Power venter could also be not performing properly. Vent run could also be to long or wrong size pipe. Could be issue with the gas logs.

Did they run out of or low on propane before the problem occurred.

You have 13" on inlet side of gas valve what is the outlet side like.

If the boiler is otherwise in good shape clean it up start it and do a complete combustion analysis co, o2, co2, draft gas pressures on both sides of the gas valve.

Put it all together then check with Weil Tech.

Mitch S.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • mtfallsmikey
    mtfallsmikey Member Posts: 765
    Hey Terry G

Are you in or around Winchester? I know a lot of Golightlys. If you are let me know.
This discussion has been closed.