Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Shook the hand of the man

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,582
and never had the pleasure to hear him speak. Best I've ever seen is John Barba. I want to be like him when I grow up.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Shook the hand of the man

I went to Dan's seminar in Warwick RI last night. Owing to ignorence of my own backyard, I set out with little feul and no margin for error. Pulling onto the venue at 5:28 for the 5:30 event. I searched for the conference room trying to look like I knew right where I was going. I rounded a corner, (my fifth) there was Dan shutting the door. Taking one look at the more than usual stressed plumber he knew right where I belonged. Dan shook my hand introduced himself, assured me he was not going to start without me. Dan ushered me in hand on the shoulder, got me situated, pointed me toward the buffet, and took his time getting to the A.V. equipment. All the stress left me and I felt as though I was walking into his house for dinner. The seminar was great. Being treated such genuine warmth, grace, and hospitality will stand out as one of the high points of 2007 for me. Dan's semiars are well worth the 90 mile drives, and Dan you're just a good guy.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,582
    How could I possibly

start without you? Thanks for your fine company.
    Retired and loving it.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
    Been there....

Had the same thing happen to me the 1st time.

Since then, I've attended a few more classes with Dan, and that's the way he WANTS you to feel !

I could spout verbatum what you heard...but save that for my personal "pep talks with customers" (see Dan, I did learn something!)

My favorite...."We're heating guys....we can go anywhere" or better yet..."why are you here? I'm the heating guy". We win every time!

The lovely Nancy says to say hi big guy. Chris
  • Steven Gronski
    Steven Gronski Member Posts: 98
    A man amongst men

I too, got the privelage to shake Dans hand last night and have him sign one of the only books he wrote that I did not have,(hey Dan, will I be able to retire on the sale of this rare autographed edition of "How Come" in 17 years?)
    Steven Gronski
    Gronski Plumbing & Heating
    Cranston RI

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
    Huh

This is not your policy at the bar however.

The bar is, "Every man for himself" then? (Unless your Milne. He waits............................................ for someone to buy the first round)

Dan's seminars are the best. Never a dull moment.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Hey ! :))

that Milne sounds like one shmart cookie:))
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    And They had Food!

Man ....You sure got Lucky *~/:)

What a Deal! i have to think that is about as good as it gets:) Feed the Body the mind and the spirit :)
  • before I met Dan......

From reading his articles in P&M mags, he had the pix of himself with a huge mouthache. Since I'm hearing impaired and before I went to my first semiar "LAOSH" , he offered to shave it off so I can read his lips. Told him no, just trim it so I can see the upper lip.... With his voice and him standing in front of me making sure I catch his thought provoking lecture... This guy deserved any honors.... Thanks again , Dan
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    you all understand

why Jerry went to every thing of Dan's he could get to and you also must know why I read this wall every day. Because there are so many of our friends on here and I love it all.
    Ruthe
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Worried!

> why Jerry went to every thing of Dan's he could

> get to and you also must know why I read this

> wall every day. Because there are so many of our

> friends on here and I love it all. Ruthe

• Rich Kontny_3
    Worried!

I just hope nobody from "Comedy Central" makes Dan an offer,I see fine but my hearing is suspect(damn near deaf).This requires me to sit front and center when I can and therefore I hear great.

His short little presentation regarding design for those of us who are blessed with menopausal women is enough to split a gut!

If "Comedy Central" gets a hold of this, he is going to drop us like a warm beer.

Cannot think of anyone better(and with five grandkids you can tell I've been in this a while)

Rich K.

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,268
    Shaking the hand of the man...

Dan is the inspiration for antibacterial handiwipes.

Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,268
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    Seminars

Dan is a great speaker and runs a highly professional seminar.Been to many myself.
    HOWEVER- the honors for the very best speaker I have ever had the pleasure to listen to was Mr. Paul Ridilla, the long time Plumbing & Mechanical Magazine writer.This Guy was unreal.It was about 20 years ago now, but I still remember it like it was yesterday.
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    Loved that man!

We met Paul Ridilla many times and went to every seminar he had in our area. What a man. Ran a huge business at I believe 19 and grew from there. And he could tell a great joke.
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Cut from the same cloth

I have had the pleasure of attending John Barba's class in 1997 and about three or four of Dan's presentations. I also have a brother in Florida who knows Paul Radilla personally and he tells me he is indeed another asset to our industry.

No need to pick favorites when we are blessed with so many.I like Dan have had many great role models in life.Even some young apprentices have left lasting impressions.

Not to mention my better half who tolerates my long hours and networking while we are suppose to be having quality time together. I have met Dan's wife and I can assure you he owes a great deal of success to his bride also!

We are involved in a great industry,full of great people!

We learn from all of them!

Make Peace Your Passion!

Rich Kontny
This discussion has been closed.