Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

return water temperature

Live/Learn
Live/Learn Member Posts: 97
Hi Wallies, I set-back my thermostat each night to 60 degrees and then re-set it to 66 in the morning. The return water drops the boiler temp down to about 135 degrees for the first 3-4 minutes and then starts up and hits high limit (190) in about another 12 minutes.After that the burner stays off for 5 minutes and then on for 3 minutes and so on untill my home comes up to temperature which takes about 0ne hour. I have a 1200 sq. ft. home heated with forced hot water fin type radiators piped with monoflo tees. My boiler burns very clean showing a light white brownish residue on the boiler pins. Do I need a boiler bypass for this situation? Thanks in advance: Live/Learn

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    nothing wrong with that idea.

• Live/Learn
    Live/Learn Member Posts: 97
    Weezbo explain do I need a by pass?

Weezbo , Are you saying I need a by-pass or are you saying that you like my method of operation?
    Live/Learn
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Bypass

You are on the edge of problems. To be safe, I would install a bypass valve.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    There is nothing wrong with having a bypass...

at worst it will protect your boiler.

i like using a Taco setpoint I series S for that...Buh thats just because i tend to like partial differential reset...

now if i had a Modulating condensing boiler...i would do my level best to step down return temps of the fluid..
This discussion has been closed.