Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The Good, The Bad and the Boston Ugly

David Sutton_6
David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
Ruthe, if you'd like i'll bring up the smoker and smoke up a couple of briskets yummmmmy. they have to start first thing in the morn and smoke all day ! but you cant beat the flavor!!

David

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
    We had a great time

Good to see all that showed up. Ted sorry, you were missed. Nice to meet Norm and his wife, I hope to see yout wo again sometimes. As allways a good time with Brad. Nice to meet all the others also.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • David Sutton_6
    It was a great night!!

Sure was nice to meet you all , i had a great time and the drive was fun Gary, Ruthe and Russ Thanks for ride.

I sent a e-mail to the Harp and asked if they would start stocking Dr Pepper but have yet to recive a reply....
    Keep you posted to that.

Got to do it again sometime

David
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    Big ugly Western Mass

Set aside the date of July 14 1:00P til? .... Jerry wanted me to have a party next summer like we did for so many years so I have decided to make it the Shelburne Falls Big Ugly Jerry Bash. Lots of food and beer. Will have more details later. ...
    Have more pics of the Boston Big Ugly if I can figure out how to get them in here later
    Ruthe
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    A night to remember

Scott, Chris, Gary, Gary, Gary, Bob, Kelly, Norm, Ruthe, David, Colleen, Adam.... I know I am missing many... What a great bunch of people to spend time with.

Funny how, after reading someone's words on The Wall and seeing them in person your sense of who they are is affiremd.

Scott for example, is not unlike the (24 year old blonde vixen who likes water sports) he purports to be in the Internet. Not at all. :)

I especially appreciate David, Ruthe, Gary and (my bad, so bad with names) who travelled 2 hours to make a difference!

Wait until the next one!

Brad
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    ugliness

It looks like you guys had a great time, both in Boston and NY. I had no idea we were in the presence of so many Gary's. ;-)

-20°F temps have put a halt to most everything out here. -33°F in Butte tonight!
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

Looks like you guys had almost as much fun as we did. We were trying to come up with a private jet so we could shoot up there and attend both.
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

What fun!

Its funny how meeting people you read on the wall has that celebrity feel,.. untill you see just how ugly they are. It brings people right down to your level *grins*

It was great to meet everyone

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ScottMP
    Now THAT would be fun !!

You guys should have answered the 2nd phone call.

And you know Brad does not look at ALL like the 16 year old young boy that he claims to be on other sites. By the way Brad I gave your number out to our "other" friend.

Scott

• Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Oh Scott

You Bi*ch! LOL

Actually, you are a regular guy and I enjoy your company, even in person! Thanks to Dan for putting together this sense of virtual reality we call The Wall.

It is bigger than the sum of it's participants.

Brad
  • Colleen Holohan
    Colleen Holohan Member Posts: 3
    A good time!

It was really great meeting you all last night and I had a lot of fun. From the looks of the pictures, it appears as though Adam had some fun too =)

Let's go Sox!
  • ScottMP
    Atta Girl !!!

Good to see you again Collen.

Thanks for coming and helping make it such a good time.

Scott

• David Sutton_6
    Brad...

It was great to finaly meet you!!that was a intresting debate just before we left huh??? Steam rules ! LOL

David
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
    What a great time !

It was great to meet yet more "friends "in person finally. We had a great time and the banter was as fun as the meeting of all.

Thanks Dan, I think you've found a way to continue... just the end of the "Wetstocks".

David and the rest of the crew from "out West"... sorry for the parking situation. I didn't even think to see if there was an event across the street at the Gaaaden, The Bruins lost to the Islanders...but they took it to shootout.

Nice to meet Norm and Kelly. What a great couple, along with Collen and Adam. (Dan, she's a true gift!)

Ihope we can do this again sometime. I like Ruthies idea. Maybe we can get a more diverse group there...(Hint..anyone who can!)

Hey Dan, I bet the bird feeder was the focus today. How many different spieceis did you see? Chris
  • David Sutton_6
    Great being there with ya !!

I think 87.4 people asked if i wanted to buy a ticket to the game.... the whole time there anounceing on the load speakers that if you buy a ticket from a out side sourse it may not be vaild ;-)

good news was we did not get lost heading home LOL.

Yes Ruthe's idea sounds great...hope she got a big yard :-)

David
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,399
    Steamin' David

Truly the pleasure was mine David.

I think we won that debate on a number of fronts. Heck, I just showed up as you were finishing off the Steam Ludites for lunch. Nothing I could add!

See you at the next one- or we can hand out in your back yard and watch the A-10's feeding at your birdfeeder. Bet Dan never sees those!
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,788
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    steamers are a must

I'm good at them. Menu usualy consisted of Chowda, BBQ Kielbasa, steamers, corn on the cob, lobster or steak, fresh fruit for desert and lots of beer. I can't swing the lobster but if anyone let's me know and wants to pay for one I'll do lobsters. It's always a continuous eat drink and be merry time. It will be in my back yard and everyone gets to help clean up!! ....Ruthe
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Big Yard I have

and if anyone wants to come and stay over we do have hotels, motels and toilets with running water out in the hills of Western Mass. Also a great Artisan town, Home of the Bridge of Flowers and has lots of Antique shops. We used to have some couples that came Thur for Sat party, shopped or played golf and went out for breakfast Sun Am as a group. Some even stayed til Monday. Can you wonder that Jerry loved these parties every year? .....Ruthe
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    pictures

Hey Scott, how do I put pictures on here or shall I just email them to you and let you do it?
    ....Ruthe
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,582
    Sounds like

a plan!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Hey Dan

just for your info they have just opened the new Hampton Inn and Suites behind the Super 8 Motel in Greenfield.

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,582
    Can't possibly be better

than the Super 8 ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • ScottMP
    Smoka

David, my mouth is watering !!

And Grilled Kielbasa !! Oh My Gawd Ruth, your killing me. My poor Dad, I wish he was alive he'd come with me :)

Scott

• Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Smoka

sounds like a great idea
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

Don't forget playing by the pot holes. We love Shelburne Falls. #2 for us is the glass blowers shop, if it's still there. Haven't been by for a couple of years now.

Is there camping close by?

• Ruthe Jubinville_2
    yes

there is camping just a couple of miles up the road in Charlemont.
    Also some of the best white water rafting in New England except for maybe Maine
  • Dirty Hands Dale
    Dirty Hands Dale Member Posts: 15
    pardon,

My delay.

I really enjoyed meeting and greeting every one.

I was working most of the weekend, Sunday included.

It was a great expierence and I look forward to the next time. Thanks to all that attended.
This discussion has been closed.