Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

air in sytem

Mark Hunt
Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
well water?

Had a job a few years ago where we had this issue. Highest concentration of CO2 I have ever seen in a water supply. They were on a well. The more you purged, the worse it got.

Finally had to use a diffeent water source.

Mark H

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=238&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• jeff_94
    jeff_94 Member Posts: 5
    air in system

I've been working on a system trying to eliminate an air problem thats been going on for a while now. Before me a few other contractors have been going there also to try to solve the problem also. The system is a Endurance boiler, That is pumping away, It has a taco style spiro vent with a automatic air vent mounted on top on the supply, There are no air vents on the return. The system has gruntal panel radiators that each have coin vents on them. We replaced multiple coin vents, the air vents, Purged the system and each radiator a multiple of times......still has air problem. Any insight would be appreciated, This system is driving me to drink!!!!! just kidding Question, There seems to be a number of radiators that are worse off than others, is it poosible to put an automatic air elliminator on an idividual radiator somewhere on one of the second floor or third floor radiators? the house is a three story saltbox style house.
  • Chris_82
    Chris_82 Member Posts: 321

is the expansion tank working?
  • jeff_94
    jeff_94 Member Posts: 5
    expansion

just curious what affect does the expansion tank have on the air in system. I'm pretty sure my company changed it a year ago. If the expansion tank is to small could that have an effect.
  • Old timers trick...

And no, I'm not considered an old timer yet. There are a few people out there older than me :-)

An old boy (Leonard Rosek) showed me that putting some liquid dish detergent (about an ounce worth of Dawn or the like) works as a surfactant, releasing surface tension and causing bubbles to move and accumulate in places where they are easily removed (air eliminators).

I have a microbubble resorber on my own system, and I had a bubble working its way through the system and could NOT for the life of me, get the danged thing out. I drew a gallon of system water out of the system, mixed in the ounce of Dawn dish detergent, and hand pumped it back in with the circulator running, and the air bubble was completely gone and has not been back since. It took about 10 minutes of run time to get the buuble out after I injected the soap.

I know numerous people here have tried it, and to the best of my knowledge, it worked for them as well.

Good Luck, and report back and let us know how it works.

ME
This discussion has been closed.