Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

To steal Dans comment -\"Only in America\"

Just two photos on a unit heater (in an ice cream shop) in Hudson County NJ

No comments needed - Oh, by the way, the flex duct is the exhaust.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=404&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Ice cream shop!

No explanation needed.Its sad to say but that typical in the resturant business.

Thanks for the pics, Tony.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,365
    I think is was the infamous Don King (fight promoter)

Who may have been the first to use that term, describing himself and his unlikely success being a convicted felon and all. Hey, the big box stores and hardware stores sell anything to anyone....EVERYONES a heating and plumbing pro today. Ho and G.C.'s that I have come across that have installed similar deathtraps always say the same thing: "....but I bought it in ........(fill in your box store) and they told me how to install it...they wouldn't sell me something that isn't legal or give me bad advice...would they?" We have a pizza Parlor in town. When they first renovated 10 years ago, I commented to one of the managers that the three flue pipes from the ovens (which were in plain view) were all back-pitched and probably spilling in to the restaurant to which he angrily replied in broken English: "WHO YOU?" After I explained, he assured me that it was ok because they kept the exhaust fan on. I asked him if the fans stayed on all night: "...what I have a worry 'bout....no one in he night!" I knew the other manager a little better and went in the next day. He had a little more common sense and had us correct it. All was fine for another 6 years until they expanded and renovated again. This time they didn't even connect the draft hoods to anything...just stopped at the draft hoods and run the fan. I couldn't help myself: Hey that's even worse than before, to which the new manager replied, "minda you own bizness." They are on their own this time. The stupidity out there is astonsihing. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Hey Mad Dog

They are the same who do everything in cash, pay little to no taxes and take advantage of what the government has to offer. Yup, only in America.

Leo
  • youse guys!

Since yu cant-a no see-a yu butt from-a yu face-a, Luigi gonna tell-a yu what-a yu cee. A pastry-a pruuf-a box-a. Yu no see-a da metal pastry-a tips-a ina da box-a there? Moma-mia!
  • the well known company....

Its not only the diyers...this water heater was too tall for the chimney and the vent was upside down 'p' trapped into the powered furance venting... This tech from Robert Blairs company put the company name tags on everthing, the gas shut off, water shut off and huge sticker on the heater as well everywhere else...
    Explained to the homeowner about the improper venting and he said that not what I'm here for...( was replacing plugged sink drain). Told its fine as long the aformentioned company checked AND the home inspection company said it was okay when they brought the home....
  • Floyd_31
    Floyd_31 Member Posts: 2
    More pics....

I took these in the social hall of a fire company!!!!
    You'd think THEY would know better.... Just happened to have the camera and snuck to the back rooms to check out the mechanicals... had given them a bid for work a few years back and they said I was WAY too high..... Yep!!!! At least it ain't MY butt on the hook for the people that could die....

Yep, them boilers are hooked straight to the loops in the concrete, no P/S, no Rev. return.....just hook the supply to one end and the return to the other and straight to the boiler... those suckers ran for hours below 140..... any bets on how long they will last?????

Amazing....

Floyd
  • Maine Doug_52
    Maine Doug_52 Member Posts: 71
    Now that reminds

me of the folks at Enron and their buddies.
This discussion has been closed.