Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens Problem Solved

Tom Olds
Tom Olds Member Posts: 6
To Brad White and "Justme", thanks for responding this morning. Armed with the info you guys provided I went back to my Vitodens 8-32 DHW problem this morning with renewed hope of solving the problem. It was in fact a power problem to the solenoid valve as the miniscule spade connectors had come undone when I removed the Comfortrol and sub-base yesterday in my attempt to relocate the Comfortrol to the living space. You guys know how "easy" the sub-base comes off to access the wiring terminals! Well, apparently in that effort to remove and replace the sub-base the wires came loose to the point that contact wasn't being made. I didn't see that last night because the solenoid was installed with the terminals facing down which made them impossible to access. This morning I realized it could be flipped 180 and when I did so the wires came free immediately which led me to assume I had no contact on at least one of them. Reorienting the solenoid and reconnecting the wires put me back in operation. Sometimes you don't see things immediately, especially on a Friday night when you're late for dinner with the wife and daughter! Thanks again guys! My clients thank you as well!
This discussion has been closed.