Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

viessmann troubleshooting help

Tom Olds
Tom Olds Member Posts: 6
It's Saturday, the reps' unavailable, the manufacturer as well. To any and all "Vito-philes" out there I could use your help. I have a Vitodens 8-32 that refuses to make DHW. The internal diverter valve is not changing positions to send heat to the indirect. My question is how do I determine if it's a valve problem or control problem. The Comfortrol indicates that it's in DHW mode. The boiler ramps up to high temp. The space heating pump (for our radiators) shuts off for priority purposes but the diverter fails to change positions. And this isn't even why I was called out to the job! I was on site to relocate the Comfortrol to a living space to take advantage of the built-in room sensing capabilty. When I relocated the unit I noticed the above condition. Thinking I did something wrong I reinstalled the Comfortrol in the boiler hoping to resume normal operation but was unable to make it work. I'll return today but could use some guidance if anyone has seen this condition. In the future I pledge not to touch another Viessmann product except between the hours of 8AM-5PM EST!

Comments

• Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    I had a similar issue

Thanksgiving night. There was a brief power outage which is the only thing that was unusual.

All as you said, the DHW was on-schedule and it said it was calling.

I re-booted it and it has worked fine since. No one at Viessmann could explain it and that was partly my fault for not writing down the code faults in my haste to get a hot shower.

Have you tried re-booting it?

I had another issue that re-booting solved when I went to re-code the Comfortrol. Some addresses were simply not there, were skipped over. A re-boot brought them back and all has been well since on that score.

Those are the only two glitches I have had.
  • justme_3
    justme_3 Member Posts: 4
    8-32 not producing DHW

#1 Check operating status look at tank temp. Setpoint and Actual.
    #2 Check Coding Adresses 000 and 0B8.
    #3 Check for 24V at the Solenoid.
    #4 Run the relay test, check to see if solenoid engages.

I will check back and see if you respond
This discussion has been closed.