Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin/Pinnacle only mod/con that you can vent in 2\"?

Uni R_2
Uni R_2 Member Posts: 589
http://www.ibcboiler.com/

They're in British Columbia. I've never seen one, but they do have models that vent with 2".

Comments

• Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Munchkin/Pinnacle 2\" venting

Are those the only boilers that you can vent in 2"? from what I've read in all of the other mod/con boilers. Did miss one?
    Ross
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Two inch?

You may be limited in the capacity if you're looking at venting sizes only.
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577

Just an observation that's all. I'm not locked in at 2" when I buy & install my mod/con at my house. It would just be easier to vent, especially when I'm side wall venting, and it pretty short run. My load calc for the coldest day of the year (-8) is only 49mbuth. So my options for mod/con boilers are limited if you look at minimal firing rate to worst case scenario. I can see why everyone would like smaller boilers, as far as firing rates available for install goes.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    just checking..

Doing a full and proper heat load is the way to do it and it sounds like that's what you did.

Are you going to put it in yourself?
  • Ross_15
    Ross_15 Member Posts: 2
    Install

Yes I am installing it myself. I am a licensed mechanical contractor, boiler installer, and a journeyman plumber & pipefitter. I'm not patting myself on the back, just stating my credentials. My current boiler is greatly oversized (WM CGa-4), which is only 2 years old. It was here when I bought the house. 2" inch venting fits my situation the best, because of space constriants in my current mechanical room, and I'm leaving the Weil in place. Just tying the new Mod/Con in. The real bummer is that the Pinnacle/Munchkin doesn't come with standard ODR/DHW priorty. I got an excellent quote from one of the Dist. for a Ti-100 Trinity, but it calls for 3" venting, and I'm not a huge fan of HSI. So, I guess I'll have to make a decision, either way. Thanks for input.
  • Uni R_3
    Uni R_3 Member Posts: 299
    Noise

You might just find 2" perceptably noisier than 3"...
  • Ross_15
    Ross_15 Member Posts: 2
    Point taken

Point taken, UniR. Something to keep in mind before hand. Thanks for the advice.
    Ross
This discussion has been closed.