Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless Pinnacle vs. Buderus GB14260

Dave_4
Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
Thanks Singh. I forgot to mention in my post that I DID have my windows replaced a few months ago. I'm guessing that my BTU/Hour usage sounds high because I didn't know the answers to some of the questions about the construction of my house that the software asks. To be on the safe side, I assumed the worst case scenario (i.e., minimal insullation. etc.).

Regards,

Gretchen

Comments

• Dave_4
    Peerless Pinnacle vs Buderus GB14260

Hi-

I need a new boiler. I'm looking to replace my dinosaur model with a high efficiency gas hydronic.

I'm trying to decide between the Peerless Pinnacle and the Buderus GB14260. Do you have an opinion on which product is better?

Also, would you recommend purchasing a tekmar control package for either of them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gretchen

• Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    boiler comparisons

The Peerless is still quite new to the field and Buderus is a proven unit. I would go with the Buderus based on my limited exposure to the Peerless. Also, Tekmar and the GB don't always mate up. Buderus should have the controls you need to do the job.
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
    GB142

We have several in operation now. Not ONE issue.

The GB now comes with the AM-10 control as standard equipment. It does the OD reset, easy to program.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,399
    Buderus

Hands down is superior to Peerless and I sell both. The are not close on any level...
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Questions?

Please contact me at Buderus if there are any questions on the GB142, wall hung condensing boiler or any other Buderus product 1-800-283-3787. Please remember with any condensing boiler, the low the system water temperature the greater the efficiency.
  • Dave_4
    Thanks

Thanks to all for your reinforcement of Buderus. It helped me make up my mind.

Regards,

Gretchen
  • Dave_4
    Heat Loss Calculation

Hi all-

I need help sizing the new hydronic boiler that I plan to purchase (will likely go with the Buderus GB142). Using the Slant/Fin software available on this site and a lot of assumptions about the construction of my 1932 house, the software told me my heat loss calc is 71,534 BTU/HR. And, since my family is growing (just had #2 a few weeks ago) I may end up building an addition to my house down the road.

I live in the NY metro area, my house is 1400 square feet and I will also be getting an indirect water heater. Can anyone tell me what size hydronic gas boiler I'll need?

Thanks.

Gretchen
  • Singh_3
    Singh_3 Member Posts: 58
    Are you ready

From the heat loss calcs you gave, assuming there close,

You would be o.k with the GB142-24
    The 24 is kilowatt. 1 KW=3414 btus .
    If you're planning on a modest addition tou can bump up to a GB142-30.
    The GB's can do the indirect tank , a larger hot water storage capacity may be needed, if family keeps growing : )

The 71,000 sounds large for a 1400 sq. ft house. Can you tightnen the place up a little with insulation , new windows if possible.

Congratulations on the new one.
This discussion has been closed.