Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless Pinnacle

Was called to work on a Pinnacle today. Found that the blower assembly was bad, the plastic fan had destructed inside the assembly. So after locating one, and recovering from the rediculous price of it, installed it. Now, the fan just cycles on and off, with an 8 flash code, which is a pressure switch fault. Jumping the switch doesnt make it fire. A couple of times, it ignited after the fan shut off, but just burned residual gas in the chamber. Why the gas valve is allowed to open without a pressure swith proving is puzzling me. The book doesnt tell much. I recovered all the pieces of the fan. Unfortunatley, this is a good customer who I do a lot of work for, and didn't want to leave him stranded. Am going tomarrow to look again, maybe I missed something. Anything else to look for?

Andy Morgan
Riverside Mechanical, LLC

Comments

• Al Corelli_2
    Al Corelli_2 Member Posts: 395
    Look for...

Look for shrapnel from the blade in the whole passageway to the inside of the burner. I've had to scrape out "stuff" from inside the burner tube and change the flame sensor as well.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Andy Morgan_2
    Andy Morgan_2 Member Posts: 147

I thought of that as well, but since all the pieces are accounted for, I didn't pull anything else apart. I will try that.

Thanks
    Andy
  • Andy Morgan_2
    Andy Morgan_2 Member Posts: 147

I just searched archives and found that there are many blower failures. What is the cause of the failures?

Andy Morgan
    Riverside Mechanical, LLc
  • burninben
    burninben Member Posts: 33

I had one where I had to scrape some melted plastic Out of the whole leading to the burner. It looked to me as though I had all the pieces as well but I think the deteriorate over time and deposit themselves on that aluminum. Kind of what Al is saying I think.
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
    Be sure

that the board connection to the motor is plugged in. Not to be confused with the power connection.

On any Pinnacle or Munchkin, if the signal from the board is removed, the fan runs constantly.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    blower fan problems

I thought that the issue of the fans on the Pinnacle & the Munchkin were corrected on the newer models, or do they still have a problems? Pinnacle has a three year warranty on the blower, but I couldn't see anything in the Munchkin literature that referrred to that.
    Ross
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
    Munchkin

has the same warranty, 3 years.

I have been told that the fan issue has been worked out.

Mark H

• gc
    gc Member Posts: 4
    whats best for the customer

About two years ago I started my own buisness. This means the purchasing decisions are up to me. Nice but the rub is I don't know wich boiler is best for my coustomer. I have many years experiance with forced air systems and have no problem making a dicesion there. With boiler systems I have less experiance and I live in an area were only about 3 or 4 percent of the homes have boiler systems. I have been using Munchkin boilers and am very happy with them. the problem is none of the boilers I have put in have been in long enough for me to feal like they have proven there worth any input?
This discussion has been closed.